Builds?

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
wahoozerman

Re: Builds?

Post by wahoozerman »

You don't have any AoE when you're using my build, which is why I tend to rely on the other DPS to do it for me. I find there usually aren't enough situations in most NMs with enough adds to make it worth sacrificing one of the other abilities in the build as long as there's at least one DPS in the party using some sort of AoE. All it takes is one DPS with suppressing fire usually.

The only two abilities I regularly swap out are my elite when we need cleanup (which I usually cover for the group) and Lock, Stock, & Barrel if there's something else the team needs like backup drone or Flack Jacket.

I tried using big forty-five for a while, but I found that shootout generally did better simply because it proced more. I haven't been able to find any damage cooldowns that actually increase the DPS of the build at all. Most of the time it's better to use just a builder instead of any of the available damage cooldowns in pistol/shotgun.
Samcon

Post by Samcon »

For pistol/shotgun, i like the ele force rotation.

Actives:
The business
Shootout
Out for a kill
Breaching shot
Deadly aim
Do or die
empty slot! Skill of your choice!

Passives
twist the knife
lethality
elemental force
brawler
iron maiden
straight shooter
live wire

the concept is builders to ele force counter 4-shootout-ofak force crits on the ele force counter 7
I always fire shootout at 4 no matter what resources are on the target as its more important to keep the rotation in line than firing consumers out of order. Hit is important as glances/evades wont advance the counter also I found that leaning more towards crit power helped it alot as well, and with a laceration signet on the shotgun makes it even better. And i usually slot riot act in the empty spot for aoe in DW so I get an aoe that always crits.
Zyph

Post by Zyph »

I have all of the abilities for Hoozer's build, but not Sam's. Still building up Pistol and Shot. I have a few questions, where could I slot in some AoE in Hoozer's build?

I plan to try to run some elites with this build tonight and see how it works out for me.
Firearc

Post by Firearc »

what is Hoozers build exactly ? I can't remember it off the top of my head I thought his and Sam's were pretty close
Firearc

Post by Firearc »

what is Hoozers build exactly ? I can't remember it off the top of my head I thought his and Sam's were pretty close
wahoozerman

Post by wahoozerman »

Differences between Sam's and mine:

Actives:
The business -> Hair trigger (Personal Preference)
Shootout
Out for a kill
Breaching shot
Deadly aim
Do or die
empty slot! Skill of your choice! -> I use Lock, Stock, & Barrel

Passives
twist the knife
lethality
elemental force
brawler -> Breaching Party
iron maiden
straight shooter -> Calling the shots
live wire

So yeah, they're basically the same. Sam tends to do a little more DPS than I do, but on longer fights the cooldown reduction is a nice boost to the team as a whole.
Firearc

Post by Firearc »

so there you go Zyph I like lock stock and barrel as well once I got the hang of using it or i put slight of hand or whatever i need in that slot, but you could put aoe attack in that empty slot if you needed to for certain fights though typically unless your are doing dW one AR supressing fire and the other dps single target is plenty up to you :)
Doobah

Post by Doobah »

Finally, i've found some pistol/shotgun love :)

Using "Wanted" from pistol inner wheel as my aoe attk atm