[PR] March Mayhem!

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

[PR] March Mayhem!

Post by Katelin »

Mission Assignment
There are 25 images sized 300px x 300px in the news page carousel (http://www.nine-swords.com/news.php)
Your mission is to create a series of images (from screenshots, or text or your own art work) that positively advertises Nine Swords.

Requirements:
- The images must be 300px x 300px
- The images must be saved as PNGs
- The images must be uploaded as an attachment to this thread using the "upload attachment" function
- Please also consider that these images will be viewed by anyone who visits our website.

This mission will run until the end of March. At the end of March, submittals will be picked to be added to the carousel.
You do not have to fill the whole 25 images. If you would like to submit 1, half of them or all of them - all submittals will be considered.
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Treylar93

Re: [PR] March Mayhem!

Post by Treylar93 »

I have always liked the 9 swords in an array around the tips of the blades ... to kick it up I went for more of a star, or light burst effect, and put a dark satin color on top of the Templar cross.
Attachments
Cross.png
Cross.png (156.56 KiB) Viewed 3439 times
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

That is very cool, Treylar!
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
Treylar93

Post by Treylar93 »

My apologies, for being a little slow in this thread, but thank you Katelin ... however, 300x300 is just so ..... square!

Soooo, I took it upon myself to break Rule #1 and increase the size to 900x300 ... I hope something like these can be incorporated into the carousel without too much trouble. My thought process was to use one or two of the 300x300 images of cabal members flanking on either side of each image.

*presses the Submit button and winces*
Attachments
Looking.png
Looking.png (385.22 KiB) Viewed 3424 times
StayCalm.png
StayCalm.png (427.86 KiB) Viewed 3424 times
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

Thanks for the suggestion! With that carousel, a common image width is unfortunately part of the technical limitations of the JQuery element we're using, so if we were to add something non square, it would look tiny. How readable will those pictures be when they're shrunk by a factor of 3? :)

It did point out a flaw in the code to me though. Somehow, the current width was set to 180px, so pictures already were shrunk. Will change that in a bit.
Treylar93

Post by Treylar93 »

Darn, I was hoping that wasn't going to be the case.

If Funcom allows it; would images like those be useable in recruitment threads? I need to make a few tweaks like changing the font height for the website (it looks a little small to me on my tablet), and there is a tree branch photobombing the top right corner on the first one.
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

I am 110% sure that other cabals have posters inside their recruitment threads - most specifically the 7th always use them.

I would be more than happy to see you putting the above 2 images in there to help keep the thread bumped in a stylish way :) Thank you for taking the time to make them!!
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

I will be adding your square one to the carousel, Trey :) Hope it is also ok if I pop the rectangular ones into our Twitter / Facebook feeds for people to see??
Treylar93

Post by Treylar93 »

Sure, feel free to post away!

I have some others semi planned out if you can use them ... I just have to transfer what's in my head and see how they come out.
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

Keep them coming, Trey :) Always very happy to receive promotional material for the cabal!!