NY Raid 03/22/2013

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Firearc

NY Raid 03/22/2013

Post by Firearc »

NEW YORK RAID - Friday 03/22/2013

9:00 PM EST... check calendar for your local time

[
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ALT, PLEASE REPLY TO THIS POST WITH YOUR NAME AND THE PART YOU WOULD LIKE TO FILL.

Please be ready to go 15 minutes before raid time, with potions ready.

We will be pulling alts in AT RAID TIME. This group seems to be good at getting there on time, so we'd rather not make them wait. If you're going to be late, please try to let Jennet or Fire know during the day on Friday.

Tank 1: Samcon
Tank 2: Esthyr
Healtank: Blapoo
Main Heals: Rocketpants
DPS/Tentacles: Volen

DPS1: Firearc
DPS2: Illandir
DPS3: Mali
DPS4: Hawksborn
DPS5: Mooncide

Alternates:
Dps 1: Shiv
Dps2: Mices
Dps3:
Heal:

Loot roll tracking:

Volen (xxxx)
wahoozerman(xxxx)
Blapoo (xxxxx)
Firearc (xxxx)
Samcon(xxxx)
Maliciouly (xxx)
Jennet (xx)
Illandir (xx)
Mooncide (xx)
Esthyr (x)
Hawksborn (x)
edited as of 03/22

ROSTERING NOTES FOR THIS TEAM
---------------------------

This is our team raid roster for one team that has been working on the raid. We've beaten it once and by no means have it on farm. We know other cabal-mates want to experience the raid, but it's also not fair to have a team work on it so hard and then start forcing people out immediately after we beat it once and get two usable drops.

This team was put together to run on Fridays based on availability for that time, gear/experience level to get through it, and a desire to get a core team up and running with raid experience and raid-level gear to help others get through it. We've had one win. We are not 'ringers' yet. Give us a few weeks, and we will probably start cycling people in more regularly.

We're a big cabal, and there should probably be more than one team trying this. I especially suggest a team try to get together for the European time zones. Believe me, I'm sensitive to cabal population and time zone issues. I just ask that those who are not part of this team regularly understand that at the gear/experience level we have currently, success in this raid is very much a matter of precision teamwork. If we are short a single dps by the last phase of the raid, we cannot make the dps check. Once we have more experience and are better geared, I know we will all be more available to let new people alternate into the team, because we will be able to better compensate for the time it takes to get used to our routine.

TO BE ADDED AS AN ALTERNATE
--------------------------

Please, -please-, if you want to be an alternate, look for our raid rosters and reply to them with your desire to be an alternate and the slot(s) you could fill. (Success currently suggests a team with at least an average of 10.2 gear.) Telling Firearc or Jennet or someone else in the raid that you really want to go is great, but our minds are filled with many things and leak like sieves =) If you reply on the forum, we can get you on the alternate list, and we can prioritize that list based on when people ask and what their gear/preparedness level is.

If you are on the roster as an alternate, please be in game at raid start time. We will let you know as soon as possible if we have a slot for you or not, so you don't have to sit around and wonder. It may take as long as 15 minutes past start time for us to decide someone's not going to make it (though be aware if you're not there by then, regulars, you may get replaced!). If you're on the alternate list and get a lockout timer, please let Firearc or Jennet know so we can pull you from the alternate roster and adjust before raid time. Thanks!

LOOT RULES FOR THIS TEAM
-----------------------

This team will be using the standard 9 Swords loot policy. Everyone who has not gotten an upgrade drop yet from raiding may roll need on the upgrades. If you have gotten one, you are asked to pass until the entire group has gotten one drop. At that point, we will begin again with everyone needing. (This is another reason alternates on the team at this stage, before everyone has gotten a loot drop, become difficult to manage. I would really like to see everyone have a chance at loot, and if we bring a new person or two every week and they get the drops, then drop off the roster, we may end up with regulars who never get a drop.) (Since there is no /roll in game, research is now underway to figure out whether we need to use Ajax for rolls on Master Looting or other ways to make sure the drops get evenly distributed.)

While the suggestion that we need dps geared better, so only dps should roll on drops, was put forward at the first win, we've decided it's not really fair... especially considering that we all can and probably will play different roles during the course of raiding. It's not fair to ask someone to put in two hours or more every Friday and not roll on the upgrades.

If you've gotten drops from pug raiding as well, passing is up to your personal discretion. With most peoples' time constraints, I don't expect this to be a huge issue.

We will be tracking who has gotten loot drops, so we can let everyone know when it's okay to roll again. The current list is:

---

Thanks, guys! And thanks to this great team who have put in so much time and effort and patience!
Hawksborn

Re: NY Raid 03/22/2013

Post by Hawksborn »

Dps please! :D
rocketpants

Post by rocketpants »

I'd like to heal/dps alt please.
Mices

Post by Mices »

I'll be another dps alt :)