A game to buy

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Hairy

A game to buy

Post by Hairy »

For anybody here that likes to play the occasional single player game on the side and like grand strategy I recommend

Europa Universalis IV
http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/europ ... t_game-tab

Its not released yet, But the release date is roughly end of next month I believe. Sometime in Q3 for sure.
The easiest way to describe it is Total War games (if you already know the genre) but without the fights. Instead the map part is much more entertaining.

Im currently playing their current big title

Crusader Kings II
http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/crusader-kings-ii

And its amazing like all paradox games. Its the only game I know that I can have fun on even when losing :)
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Re: A game to buy

Post by Katelin »

I know someone who would likely enjoy this *glances over at Uragon* :)
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
NRKist

Post by NRKist »

I actually really enjoy Crusader Kings II, Ill have to try out Europa Universalis IV.
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."
Kisshoten

Post by Kisshoten »

no....this is a game to get once it gets released.
Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade, mmorpg.
interview with Behaviour Studios Head Miguel Caron (formerly of Funcom Montreal and Anarchy Online as well as Age of Conan).

But still long way to go as it's planned for 2015. (24 months from now, 18 months for Open Beta)
malscant

Post by malscant »

I could have sworn up and down 40k online got canned with THQ being closed... You have just made my day knowing its going to happen. Now if they will ever end the horus heresy series I would be happy.. I mean book 24 was the last one I read
Kisshoten

Post by Kisshoten »

I wished the WH40k:EC would take place during the Horus Heresy (before the Isstvan III betrayal) but then you wouldn't have Chaos Marines faction.

Dark Millenium was canned, but becuase THQ went down another studio was able to get a licence to create this MMO.
malscant

Post by malscant »

if they wanted to do during the betrayal they could change the story a bit and use isstvan 5 as the first planet and make it so instead of loyalty going to terra or the 500 worlds you could say they learned of the plan when russ broke his brothers back and everyone went to istivan to stop it. only downside is no thousands sons or wolfs at the start.