Raid this weekend

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Claretta

Re: Raid this weekend

Post by Claretta »

That's okay. I haven't tanked it myself, but from what I have heard (and seen new tanks do it fine), it's not a difficult task once the rotations are down. We all have to learn sometime. ;)

The real killer tends to be DPS not handling adds quickly, which is why that will be priority. Even if I'm leech healing I'll have Suppressing Fire on my bar.
Mender

Post by Mender »

Sign me ( syd) and Elania up for dps slots!!!! ill twist her arm and make her join us.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Okay, done. :)

That's 9 now... if we do overshoot numbers I plan to run another one soon anyway, so no one will miss out.
Misbeliever

Post by Misbeliever »

I am not completely sure yet whether I can be there, but if it happens around EU evening time on Saturday or Sunday, that should be doable. I am DPS, but have no experience with the raid whatsoever.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

I put you in as a maybe. :P Even though the list has 10, more people are still free to sign up too.

I am generally not so worried about experience, since all the raid takes is a core of 5 experienced people to guarantee an easy-ish time. I'm full 10.5 just about and I know we have other experienced people playing.

As for times, I too would prefer EU evening time. A lot of the people signed up are from EU, and I can't raid at 12 noon when I should be working, which is what US time is for me.
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

Claretta wrote:The real killer tends to be DPS not handling adds quickly, which is why that will be priority.
I guess that's why my part usually revolves around spamming heals on myself and doing a chicken run in a circle while being chased by zombies at certain points in the fight, huh?
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Probably. :P My recommendation for healers is one leech healer + one PvP-geared fist healer. Leechers put out plenty of healing without generating aggro, and the longer the fist healer can stay alive, the more chance the dps has to take down the adds.

The problem with different setups is a squishy fist healer will always steal aggro from anyone else, so you want your fist healer to be tough.
Weigelia
Twitter: @WeigeliaTSW

Post by Weigelia »

Seems all the slots are already filled :D

Well, if one of them frees up, I'd be interested to DerPS around :)
Keep cool and ride the Drama Lama.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Well I'm still adding people. :P

If we go over, that just illustrates that there is plenty of demand and it ~might~ be feasible to run a second one later in the week.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

Claretta wrote:Well I'm still adding people. :P

If we go over, that just illustrates that there is plenty of demand and it ~might~ be feasible to run a second one later in the week.
Lots of people in the cabal are interested in running the raid, we have together worked really hard at bringing people up to NM level (and will definitely continue to do so with newer members), and this is generally the direction that a large % of the cabal wants to go to.. even if the PvEing in their lives is smaller than PvP or RP :)

I would iamgine running it every single week, twice.. for years would end up boring everyone to death, but generally - thoughout the cabal, most of our active members enjoy teaming and doing stuff :D Especially stuff they haven't done so much of before!!
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.