Old Event requests
Kymer

Re: Idea for a Zweihänder event

Post by Kymer »

What time would you plan to do this?
Sh3

Post by Sh3 »

For the team with me and Lucky it would have to be around 21:00 gmt but the idea would be that several core teams would form during that week and oher people probably have they're own play time :)
A US based core team would probably go on a totaly diferent schedule :)
boscot
Twitter: @boscothemigh

Post by boscot »

I'm also happy to help out on taking noobs through NMs. It's already been said but it bears repeating: the fewer inexperienced players per group the more likely it'll be a success. There is value in repeatedly trying something and failing a lot as long as you're learning but it's super frustrating.
Sh3

Post by Sh3 »

Well we are actually doing this without any scheduled event.
Been taking some newer people everyday to run 18's and so far it's working great.
Will still be in for something scheduled anyway.
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

The strong argument for making "noob runs" something scheduled is actually the psychology involved around starting nightmares: Especially when going through classic "Looking For Group" avenues, in the beginning it involves a lot of asking "Hey, I'd like to come, got a space?" and doesn't really work that well ad-hoc. So while you're lucky in that you're finding participants when starting such a run, doing it scheduled will mean that those that don't have the same luck or persistence in looking will also get a chance. And as Kate just suggested to me... even if you can't pinpoint a defined time slot, giving a rough indication of something like "On Tuesdays, I'll likely look into starting a team somewhere between 8 and 9pm <insert your time zone here>" will most likely be achieving most of the objective listed above. So it doesn't have to be a 100% dedicated, exact time slot.
Woan

Post by Woan »

Join noobmares channel, problem solved. Thats how I started mines and how I keep doing them.
Vendraen

Post by Vendraen »

Noobmares is an option, sure, but it's hard to beat going with people you know, or want to know.

Syrithia and I have been going with a static group for over a year. There is usually an open slot, though, so if anyone would like to come, it's always possible! We go between 6 and 7 PM Eastern US time (GMT-5) every day!
Sh3

Post by Sh3 »

Well exactly... the idea was to provide some nice friendly runs where people get to know the tricks and get some start off purples so that they can feel more confortable looking for teams without being afraid to fail or get rejected for not knowing what to do or being in blues.
So far, me gelden lucky and endo been running a solid Nm group. We usually take one cabal m8 with us to give a chance for some fun moments and some tips.
Extra, Fara and Trophy are some faces i remember that tagged along with us, but there were more.
I allways look online and see what i can do.
Besides that, whenever i can, i go and join someone lacking heals to go.
Anyway, after the work flow that i was striked with past month i will still try and set some kind of schedule to do this better.
Aberlour
SWL Community

Post by Aberlour »

I would be down to help with a scheduled NM week sort of thing, or regularly scheduled "Noob" run days on a US-basted time schedule (Or earlier on most weekends)

I also run 18s most days of the week, so if you see me on (Aberlour) hit me up, I'm always willing to help people through dungeons.
Faraleth
Twitter: @spragglefrocket

Post by Faraleth »

Yes, yes, yes count me in!! Available on most weekends, but only on for four hours in the weekdays (CST); enough time for one NM a day. :) Still new to NM's (ran the first 18's with Gelden, Sh3 and Lucky (thx guys)- wipes and all), but I will still join with this idea and learn the ropes with you all.
You know played too much WoW, when you dream the farm you grew up on is Marigold Meadow, infested with feral rabbits. Then you wake up screaming at your 21 year old nephew to drop his rifle and go paint turnips. (Actual dream)