Boxing Day Raid 20:00 GMT

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Vendraen

Re: Boxing Day Raid 20:00 GMT

Post by Vendraen »

Then Syr will not be able to take the Adds-killing role - GTAOE is impossible for her.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

Claretta wrote:This is because Kate pulled first with escalation, but blade torrent has far higher hate, so quickly overpowered her.
Didnt know that! I prefer using Blade Torrent, but someone had suggested Escalation -perhaps it was to match someone else. Anyway, will happily slot Blade Torrent :)

as a number 4 for your list - there were some random filth placements :) I dont think Ura was recording this one completely though, so hard for me to know exactly who it was to give advice!!
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Vendraen wrote:Then Syr will not be able to take the Adds-killing role - GTAOE is impossible for her.
The toggle wouldn't be suitable? In the alternative, can always wait till adds get close, then use Shellshocker. It has a 12 meter range, so not too bad.

However, Syr's contribution today was valued. And I was impressed that she quickly adapted.

But this is a bigger issue... one that's been going on since the raid started, so I am moving slightly more towards giving upfront advice. Ideally I want each single ranged DPS to know how to stop all 13 adds that come on their own. There should be other alternatives to a GTAOE, but I would like each ranged DPS to be able to stop those adds.
Last edited by Claretta on Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Katelin wrote:
Claretta wrote:This is because Kate pulled first with escalation, but blade torrent has far higher hate, so quickly overpowered her.
Didnt know that! I prefer using Blade Torrent, but someone had suggested Escalation -perhaps it was to match someone else. Anyway, will happily slot Blade Torrent :)
Yes it was because Cliea used Escalation and we had the exact same problems when you were using Blade Torrent until I realised. Now is going back the other way. :)
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

lol I really need a kick sometimes ;) well glad you said something now :D
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Vendraen

Post by Vendraen »

Claretta wrote:The toggle wouldn't be suitable?
Oh, yeah, didn't know if it worked with StA. Many people think the toggle is a bug of some sort. Heh.

That should work fine yeah.
In the alternative, can always wait till adds get close, then use Shellshocker. It has a 12 meter range, so not too bad.
It seems to me that people freak out if they even SEE the adds, so is that going to be ok? (Seems like people want them dead at the back or something.)
Vendraen

Post by Vendraen »

As to the stacks issues, it seems Kate and I have no problems during P1 (except that once, but that was...weird), just in P3. (Though, in Phase 1, I grab aggro "naturally" [without doing anything] right at 6 or 5 of her stacks - but only the first time. Subsequent switches require Provoke as expected.)

But yeah in P3 it all goes to hell!
Aberlour
SWL Community

Post by Aberlour »

Claretta wrote:But this is a bigger issue... one that's been going on since the raid started, so I am moving slightly more towards giving upfront advice. Ideally I want each single ranged DPS to know how to stop all 13 adds that come on their own. There should be other alternatives to a GTAOE, but I would like each ranged DPS to be able to stop those adds.
Seems like this should be possible. I would be willing to give it a shot alone on a future raid, if we don't mind a wipe once or twice while I work on a way to do it.

I didn't think to run Slow the Advance, not sure why, use it on Ankh 5 for the same thing essentially. Though, could be possible without it, Guts & Glory + Cannabilize + Flamethrower seems to work pretty well. And adding Viscous Accelerant could work well, add the slight hinder. Tactical Retreat might work well too, but requires better timing.

I know I need to work on positioning when on Ranged DPS, is it better to stay in the rifle circle? Or move forward to intercept?
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Vendraen wrote:
It seems to me that people freak out if they even SEE the adds, so is that going to be ok? (Seems like people want them dead at the back or something.)
I just want them dead before they kill healers. Unfortunately, unless I assign Kisshoten to doing it, we always have a wipe to adds, every raid. I would like to improve this so we can focus on other things, as well as not feel that I need Kisshoten doing ranged DPS every raid. One recent raid before you joined we were trying to teach Kisshoten to tank, but after repeated wipes to adds even with multiple DPS trying to shoot them, Kiss had to go back to add killing.

Aberlour wrote:
Claretta wrote: I know I need to work on positioning when on Ranged DPS, is it better to stay in the rifle circle? Or move forward to intercept?
Better to stay in the rifle circle since that buffs attacks. A single buffed guts and gory will instant kill 5 adds.
Aberlour
SWL Community

Post by Aberlour »

Claretta wrote:I just want them dead before they kill healers. Unfortunately, unless I assign Kisshoten to doing it, we always have a wipe to adds, every raid. I would like to improve this so we can focus on other things, as well as not feel that I need Kisshoten doing ranged DPS every raid. One recent raid before you joined we were trying to teach Kisshoten to tank, but after repeated wipes to adds even with multiple DPS trying to shoot them, Kiss had to go back to add killing.

Better to stay in the rifle circle since that buffs attacks. A single buffed guts and gory will instant kill 5 adds.
OK, sounds good. And like I said, would be willing to try solo if we wanted. I have Boo Warnings installed, so I know when they're coming. I messed up today, but that partially was because I forgot Ranged DPS meant adds duty.