Raid Sunday 29 December 19:00 GMT

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Claretta

Re: Raid Sunday 29 December 19:00 GMT

Post by Claretta »

The biggest DPS loss I observe in the raid is people not keeping constant uptime on the lurker. So when adds come, they turn and... wait.

It's one reason I have been wanting to improve that add handling area. If we have 3 DPS every shadow all turning around and not shooting the lurker for 5 seconds while they wait for zombies to come, it really cuts into raid DPS.

I have been encouraging people to move away from Suppressing Fire. Not just because it often results in adds getting near the healers, but it's way too slow in general. The 5-10 seconds spent spamming a builder could be better spent shooting the actual boss. I'd like people on the add duty role to think about how they can compress AoE down into as short bursts as possible.

People in general focus too much on builds and gear when thinking about DPS. It's more about ensuring you're always hitting something. Like people ask me how I do good DPS, and while I have good builds and gear, the best advice I can give them is to spam stuff, as I don't actually think about stuff when DPSing, just hammer buttons as fast as possible. Any button really.
Sh3

Post by Sh3 »

I do make the mistake of stopping and waiting for adds instead of doing dmg on lurker till adds are close enough!
That's something i need to improve!
I have so much trouble moving during that fight that i just get scared and try to antecipate the income and the slow in advance placement.
I tried lowering my setting for the raid but that doesn't seem to cut it unfortunatly.
Any more tips on what to cut off for it? We even took out the dmg numbers that come off mobs head when hit lol... i don't get lag like that elsewhere (xcept maybe fusang at some points) :)
As for the builds avise riora mentioned that sounds great and i am allways open for sugestion since i do see a huge diference between my dmg in a NM run and in the raid... and i mean more than half way down.
So add me to your friend list and when you feel patient poke me about it :)
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

You might want to consider shellshocker and dragon's breath as the main add control skills. Both are great under elemental force (though Shellshocker is better due to being buffed by circle) so wait until you have 6 stacks of elemental force available, then turn and fire dragon's breath followed by shellshocker. From then on guts and gory can easily clean up what's left.
Kisshoten

Post by Kisshoten »

Normally I find Slow the advance (on left group of incoming adds) and then Dragon's breath on other group with Guts and Gory and canabalise as finishers on anything left to work pretty well.