Raid Thursday 2 January 20:00 GMT

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

TheBerch

Re: Raid Thursday 2 January 20:00 GMT

Post by TheBerch »

Oh wait a minute, the raid is at 3pm (1500) EST, pffft screw that noise I work tomorrow till 5. Oh well....
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Okay, I've considered the signups and...

Just want to say that the minimum gear requirement exists for good reasons. I also check Chronicle when a new player signs up to get an idea of their gear and build.

Zytho - you're in half blue gear, which means you don't meet the requirements. I recommend doing more nightmares then coming back to the raid at a later date.

TheBerch - your fist healing gear is good, but your DPS gear appears to be only 10.1-10.2 drops mostly, rather than 10.3-10.4 customs. As such, I could sign you up, but would only consider you for the fist healing role.
TheBerch

Post by TheBerch »

I do have 10.3 dps gear, i dont usualy use it as when Im running solo I have alot of the hp/heal/ar type gear, so that might be whats showing up. Fist healing im maxed for everything as that is what I main, but yeah. I cant make it anyway cause I just noticed its at like 3pm EST for my time. But thank you for the consideration.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Okay thanks for the clarification. :)
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Here will be the team:

Claretta - Leech
Torniquet - single target DPS
Riora - buff DPS
Vendraen - Tank
Katelin - Tank

Durendal - buff DPS
Shedevil - podder
Kadyn - add killing DPS
Syrithia - single target DPS
Aeodus - single target DPS

Reserves - Naite, Elil

I want to give Katelin and Vendraen another chance to get things right. So, make sure you both have the same builder and are closely matched in hate. Blade Torrent is the official Nine Swords raid builder and you should be using blade/chaos builds.

The tanks will be in my group as it helps me keep a steady rotation, and Riora got her highest DPS last raid without Short Fuse in our group, so I don't know if we really need it. Maybe we would do more DPS with the buff, but I don't really see any way to fit Short Fuse into the team as is. I want the podder to use fist/sword to relax the AoE DPS requirements a little.

I'm going to give Shedevil another go at the podding. I recommend fist/sword, with a focus on survivability. You won't need to heal the tanks that much as long as I am alive, so you could even consider replacing your elite active heal with a 30 second aoe impair from swords.

Buff DPS will have pistol/shotgun and with BS/DA (no buff passives). I'd also like you both to take whip with crack and whiplash. You can hit the lurker from the pistol circle if you have the whip go over the front grate.

Single target DPS will focus on the lurker and will not take their attention off it at any time. They can also take a flamethrower or suppressing fire to help with adds in phase 2, depending on what aux they want.

Kadyn will run a build with lots of burst AoE for taking down adds. While it's up to you, I recommend AR/Blood with guts and gory, cannibalise, dragon's breath, and shellshocker to use once they get in range. I think Shellshocker should perform better than Slow the Advance as by the time the zombies close into 12 meter range they will have all converged. After softening them up with guts and gory you should be able to wipe them all out with Shellshocker from the rifle circle, especially with the rampant augment if you have it. Shouldn't really need Suppressing Fire with all that, and would prefer it not relied on. :)
Last edited by Claretta on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

And just something I thought of... if Shedevil takes as her elite Stunning Swirl, and Kadyn saves a guts and gory for when zombies are impaired around her, he'll then get a major penetration chance buff which will really help shellshocker.
Vendraen

Post by Vendraen »

I normally use Blade/Fist, with Tear 'em Up as the Fist consumer. I can use Chaos instead, but my Chaos focus isn't glyphed properly for it. What Chaos consumer? Horsemen?
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Blade/fist might actually be pretty good if it lets you do more single target DPS, just make sure you're both using the same weapons. :) Comes down to whether Katelin has a 10.4 fist. If she doesn't, then yes, it's chaos with horsemen.
Vendraen

Post by Vendraen »

Ok. I'll PM Kate now, to make sure we arrange it all well ahead of time.

(Will be interesting not having Dur as a shining gold target to look for to intercept drakes~)
Oktober

Post by Oktober »

melee dps here if needed.