EU Raid Thursday 9 January 2014, 20:00 GMT

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Re: EU Raid Thursday 9 January 2014, 20:00 GMT

Post by Katelin »

Thumbs up from me on all counts :)
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

So, team...

This raid will focus on giving Fuglie a taste of raid tanking, to give the US raid a bit more experience. However, the training will be limited to 3 tries, after which Kadyn will take over.

Claretta - Leech
Torniquet - single target DPS
Riora - buff DPS
Fuglie - Tank for first 3 tries, then single target DPS
Katelin - Tank

Durendal - healer podder
Elil - single target or buff DPS
Zyso - single target or buff DPS
Kadyn - single target DPS, then tank after 3 tries
Kisshoten - ranged DPS

Reserves: Aeodus, Vendraen, Syrithia

Just a quick note on reserves. Although the reserves in this case were not in the team on a previous tries, I generally only reserve a guaranteed place if you show up to the raid as an available reserve. So to reserve your definite spot, please show up!
Vendraen

Post by Vendraen »

Claretta wrote:Just a quick note on reserves. Although the reserves in this case were not in the team on a previous tries, I generally only reserve a guaranteed place if you show up to the raid as an available reserve. So to reserve your definite spot, please show up!
That's unfortunate. We had talked to other persons, and they said if on reserve, don't even need to be around, because basically people don't not show up, so the reserve is never needed.

How long does a reserve need to stay online waiting in order to avoid being penalized?
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Those people were... mistaken? :)

In quite a few recent raids we've had people not show up. I remember a couple recently where we had to use 2 reserves. I check reserve attendance when putting together the team.

Anyway, I'm not trying to penalise anyone. Not showing up doesn't mean you'll sit out next raid.

What it means is your signup was cancelled and you're just in the same position as any other player - I might include you in the team, I might not. Depends on the rest of the team. This team, we're taking along a brand new tank and a couple newish DPS, so I made the team decision around that.
Last edited by Claretta on Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

Ah yes, I remember being pulled in even mid-raid on the last run of 2013 when Elil had to stop after an hour or more of trying. Though I doubt we'd ever ask for reserves to hang around until the kill is confirmed. Just in my case it was quite possible as Kate was in the raid and sat besides me.

Applying the notion that there is a penalty involved is something I would really discourage. While yes, we're doing this to succeed and get gear, we're still primarily trying to have fun. And I would really keep penalties or similar disciplinary action limited to the A&D division. :)
Vendraen

Post by Vendraen »

No, the only reason we weren't there is because I looked at the team and saw people that raid every time they can (for the most part) and had that other (incorrect, but no way to know it was incorrect) information that it didn't matter if we were online or not. Oh well.

How long do we need to sit online in order to get counted as there?

(Also, penalize wasn't the right word, but I couldn't think of the right word...)
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

The best way to go about this would be to communicate with the raid leader (usually Claretta). Some days, that could be 10 seconds after logging on, others you might be asked to wait until everyone's teamed up and ready to go.
Vendraen

Post by Vendraen »

Ok.

Having been a raid leader, I know it's hectic and busy, plus Clare probably gets a lot of tells asking "how u leeeech heel?!?!?!" so I try to never, ever bother her.

But we can do that.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Honestly sometimes I think there should only be 1 reserve spot to make team selection easier, but I think if I did that there would be complaints. :P It's a balance between making team selection easy and ensuring that people have opportunity to sign up.

The easiest way to handle it is to send me a tell when I log on. I try to log on before raid time, but these raids are at 4 and 5 AM for me, so some days I will only barely just get here if I just woke up.

There's no penalty, as it doesn't follow that if you didn't show up one day that you'll be excluded next raid. However, I really want reserves to show up. Sometimes there might be computer failures or domestic issues which pull people away at the last second. If one reserve hangs around just in case they are needed, but the others did not show, then I have to get that reserve that was around a spot in the next place ahead of the others as a matter of fairness.

Unfortunately, I accept that the team today makes it look like there was some kind of penalty, as the 3 people who are out are 3 people who didn't show up previously. However, I didn't really think it could be helped.

We are training a new tank today, so I wanted the rest of the team to be mistake-free, which means I need Durendal on healing, Kisshoten on adds, and a couple of great DPS. In addition, Zyso has only been along to one raid prior, as has Fuglie, so we're already taking along two new DPS that I need to balance out. The only place I could honestly fit you in would be to swap you for Kadyn but I'd like to keep Fuglie and Kadyn in the same raid as they are in the NA raid together.
Kisshoten

Post by Kisshoten »

We usually try to assemble the teams asap, sometimes it happens that someone doesn't show up so we pull one of the reserves in. So for reserves it would be good if they stick around until the raid party has gone into the NY dungeon.

Maybe the Raid Leader should send a tell to the reserves when the Raid Party has been formed and ready to go, so they don't have to needlessly sit around and wait.