COMMUNITY PROJECT Idea

Old Event requests
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

COMMUNITY PROJECT Idea

Post by Katelin »

I have been wondering about how we could do something back for the community. As Endo and I agreed when chatting earlier - we already give back to the community by being super awesome... but I would like to consider doing something more.

I was thinking of some kinda Swords award thing - like each month do a spotlight article on why we think something, someone, whatever is great and give it a golden sword.. and perhaps some sort of prize if they really touched our hearts. Maybe to decide on who / what - we could have internal cabal voting systems set up with some discussion on who we could choose.

Endoscopy suggests that we can give them a High-Nine (instead of a High-five). My suggestion would be a Golden Sword and perhaps if its something in the community that is active in giving to others, then perhaps some PAX or some items to give away.

Does anyone have any suggestions to add to this? Maybe you think this idea is completely unworkable, maybe you think its a waste of time ... perhaps you think its the most amazing thing I ever typed.

Please respond!!
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Weigelia
Twitter: @WeigeliaTSW

Re: COMMUNITY PROJECT Idea

Post by Weigelia »

This is a great idea!

I have a slight preference for the High-Nine -if only because it suggest we're all mutants :3
Keep cool and ride the Drama Lama.
Naite

Post by Naite »

It might be double handed, in which case we're all missing a digit?
Aberlour
SWL Community

Post by Aberlour »

I like plays on words, so High-Nine gets my vote! Also, maybe we could run more community events like the Monday Night RP event?

I've been considering copying the Devil's Due cabals, and having MEZ "training" runs to get people in the community experience in the raid. Devil's due does them biweekly it seems, and has signups on TSWRP and puts the calendar item on TSWRP and on the forums. It's something I could do on some Sunday's as an extension of the NA raid maybe.

We could also consider making our raid guides publicly available, I know there are others but I think ours are particularly good.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

I'd love our guides to be public :) More community events sounds like a great idea. Perhaps even picking up the planned Cabal thing at the Albion that Elania had been thinking about before she left.
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.