Raid Sunday 6th July 17:50 GMT

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Claretta

Re: Raid Sunday 6th July 17:50 GMT

Post by Claretta »

Claretta - leech
Riora - Tank
Fig - healer / pods
Aberlour - Tank
Endoscopy - DPS

Regrette - melee DPS
Diani - buff DPS
Minariel - melee DPS
Incendia - AoE DPS
Mellified - AoE DPS

Reserves: Katelin, Durendal

Tanks - you are not to use confuse tanking. We have enough people learning roles that I do not wish to have tanks spend 20 minutes checking each other's aggro. I've decided that confuse tanking is only to be used when:

1. Tanks have tanked with each other before and have some knowledge of each other's threat generation
2. No other roles are filled by people first learning them

If the raid does not meet both criteria, then you should use Provoke and other positive swap methods.

This will free time by making our wipes be for helping people learn roles than the tanks trying to determine each other's aggro in phase 1. While I do not wish to overly limit people, if we have to spend 10-20 minutes having the tanks sound each other out, we're guaranteed to fail as not enough time to teach the rest of the raid.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

I think thats really reasonable, Clare :) Thank you for putting us in reserve, we will still try to get home on time incase anyone else cannot attend
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Riora

Post by Riora »

Claretta wrote:1. Tanks have tanked with each other before and have some knowledge of each other's threat generation
2. No other roles are filled by people first learning them.

If the raid does not meet both criteria, then you should use Provoke and other positive swap methods.
Er, while I understand the spirit of these rules - no experimenting with confuse tanking when there's new people in key roles - the way it's worded right now would mean that me and Ciritty could never confuse-tank together when there's someone new in the raid, even though it's the method that works best for us and never fails.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

I will consider it. I just want guidelines to be clear.
Regrette

Post by Regrette »

1 shotted.
Nice to see how the big kids play. And where us tweeners are In our progression.
Thanks for the experience.
YOLO.
It's like Carpe Diem for the uneducated.