MNRP - season 2

Coffee, cake and a chat. (IC)
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Floryn
Twitter: @DutchFloryn

MNRP - season 2

Post by Floryn »

Recap of 15/9 - (from Russ Kobayashi's point of view):

We gathered at the Tabula Rasa at the usual time. As usual these days, I was early, and brought pastries for everyone. Prior to today's gathering, I'd touched base with Dr. Vidal to get an idea of what I'd missed on 9/8. While talking, we decided that the visions that Dr. Vidal, Azo, and Floryn suggested that we'd need to return to Egypt to do some more digging. Also, while discussing the research findings, I pointed out that two of the artifacts we'd already destroyed had analogues in many ancient myths, especially Japanese mythology, which referred to three sacred treasures: a jewel, a sword, and a mirror. This seemed to suggest that a third artifact existed to be found, and if necessary destroyed. The running thought is that these are remnants from the Third Age, which is believed to have been far more advanced than our era. Perhaps a little flimsy, but enough to look into.

So, back to Egypt!

Our first stop in the Scorched Desert (aside from some rather unfriendly cultists) was the ancient hermit Khalid, who may well have been around to see the Third Age. Lord knows his hints implied that when he wasn't busy busting our chops. Finally, he agreed to tell us what we wanted to know if we agreeed to take out a bunch of undead Roman soldiers infesting nearby ruins. He even implied that we might find something we were looking for there. So, we took them out, and we did.... after a fashion.

I touched something, still not sure if I should have or not. But when I touched the orb, it knocked me out for a moment, just before the really tough legionaries attacked us. After we kicked their asses, we investigated the ruins, and found some tantalizing hints of a Third Age civilization -- if not THE civilization. And, at one point, I touched an altar, and was rendered unconscious again. And this time, I saw something. I saw this civilization,
something that seemed to be proto-Egyptian and proto-Japanese and proto-Grecian all at once, and yet with high technology, and I saw the sword and the jewel.... still not the mirror, though. None of the other altars reacted to me, though, or anyone else. So, we went back to Khalid, and he told us.... (to be continued)
"...the prosaic materialism of the majority condemns as madness the flashes of super-sight which penetrate the common veil of obvious empiricism." - H.P. Lovecraft

Proud member of Nine Swords - Leader of the Rapier Division