Random Thread

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Kotts
Founder (retired)

Re: Random Thread

Post by Kotts »

Well AoC was targeted at a mature audience with all the nudity and blood/gore, and the community was very matu--- HAHAHAHAHA!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!
*wipes away the tears*
Omg!
I almost made it with a straight face!
SirVent

Post by SirVent »

*likes above comment* ^^
Anatoli

Post by Anatoli »

Xeeyon wrote:When I look at the character artwork, I can't help noticing the paradox:

TSW aims at an older audience than the typical teenager, but the characters look like skateboarders, emo haircut included.
Blame Ragnar. :)
No, really, I'm sure those troxes in panties with butterfly wings was his idea as well.

The week after launch everyone's gonna pray for those idiots to run naked, just because it's at least better than alternative 'funny' wear.
Where horses fear to tread, ponies kick down doors.
The success is measured in cats.
Some words are written to make you think. Pacman.
Fetterlock

Post by Fetterlock »

Bpy6 wrote:
Xeeyon wrote:When I look at the character artwork, I can't help noticing the paradox:

TSW aims at an older audience than the typical teenager, but the characters look like skateboarders, emo haircut included.
Blame Ragnar. :)
No, really, I'm sure those troxes in panties with butterfly wings was his idea as well.

The week after launch everyone's gonna pray for those idiots to run naked, just because it's at least better than alternative 'funny' wear.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who is worrying about these things. And I definitely blame Ragnar. I have never trusted his judgment. But I guess I have to try to keep my worries and disappointed feelings under control, and just hope for the best.
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Post by Xeeyon »

Oh well, I guess my character will look like a "cool adult"... :roll: No seriously though. I hope there's gonna be some interesting character customization. I wouldn't want to see my clone everywhere. When you look at a face and you have at least 3 or 4 names that are just stuck with these... You know?
When it's not "You remind me of a friend" but "Oh, you like Z, Y, C, D and a bit like H but with a beard..."

I hope we'll have access to enough customization that I don't feel like we've been breeding an army of clones with too narrow a generic pool :shock:
Fetterlock

Post by Fetterlock »

Happy Saint Valentine's Day everyone!

To honor the day I am offering for your listening pleasure a YouTube link to the Gerry Mulligan Quartet's 1953 instrumental jazz rendition of "My Funny Valentine" (with the great Chet Baker playing trumpet). This is a landmark recording which helped to establish the brooding sound of West Coast Jazz, and which was directly responsible for turning "My Funny Valentine" into a universally popular jazz standard. After the Gerry Mulligan Quartet helped to bring back this old show tune, everybody got in on the act and there are now hundreds of versions of this song recorded by countless artists. (As a matter of fact, Chet Baker later became a famous singer when he released his own vocal version of this song.) I absolutely love this recording, and I can honestly say that it has had an awesome effect on my whole life because this was the first jazz song that I learned to appreciate. After hearing this, I was hungry to hear more jazz, and my life has been so much richer as a result.

Please listen and enjoy! http://youtu.be/Ug2LQxOe53Q
Debora

Post by Debora »

thank you for that fetterlock.
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Post by Xeeyon »

Happy Valentine's Day!

Always cheers me up and brings a smile on my face :)

(That one played when I threw the bridal bouquet... Spur of the moment thing, I danced a bit as well as tease and toy with the ladies before throwing it :P Comments received spoke of regrets for not having a cam-corder... Either if was really fun or it was really bad enough that they could have blackmailed me with the tape! :D)
Berrith
Founder (retired)

Post by Berrith »

I LOVE THAT SONG. :3

Also, try this version if you like a slightly punkier version ^_^;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzsMGJ2Nw6o
Berr with me.
Pluto
Founder (retired)

Post by Pluto »

I'll stick with my nonsensical noise :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEbJ4qLiMu0
"Through fire, justice is served"
-Jack Pendragon

The gloomy Hades enriches himself on our sighs and our tears.