OOPS! Now I have this Quantum Bracer..

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Gebbeth

OOPS! Now I have this Quantum Bracer..

Post by Gebbeth »

Uh,

So now I have a Quantum Bracer that I can't use until a pour SP & AP into it...

The weapon says It requires skill level 10 to equip, but the first skill block cost 35 SP - it's like a bad joke, I thought I'd be able to use it after 35 or 50 SP. Since the SP cap is 40, I'm guessing each step is 35, so 350 skill points before I can equip???

Am I right about the 350 SP to equip? Also, is the Quantum worth it - I mean, compared to the other aux weapons? I could conceivably get the Rocket Launcher, Chainsaw, and Whip in relatively short order - maybe should stash the bracer somewhere and start investing my SP in one of those instead?

Any thoughts at all are welcome! :)
“Doubt is uncomfortable, but certainty is ridiculous.” - Voltaire
Chaosetor
Twitter: @Chaosetor_tsw

Re: OOPS! Now I have this Quantum Bracer..

Post by Chaosetor »

The first skill block is the only skill block for Auxiliary weapons, 35 SP get you to level 10

Edit: That being said, you can increase your skill point cap, AEGIS speed and efficiancy skills increase your SP cap, but those skills cost a lot of skill points. As for whether the wuantum bracer is worth it, it is not very popular, and the other auxiliary weapons are more popular (the rocket launcher for instance is quite handy to have in NM dungeons), but that is something you will have to decide for yourself :)
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
Deerhound

Post by Deerhound »

Quantum is the only aux weapon (so far) with healing capability, so there's that.
Chaosetor

Post by Chaosetor »

Deerhound wrote:Quantum is the only aux weapon (so far) with healing capability, so there's that.
Yes, but the time it takes to cast the ability generally makes it not be worth it.
Naite

Post by Naite »

I use it to heal with in 18's quite happily.
Rick Fortune
Twitter: @TheRicksterTSW

Post by Rick Fortune »

It can come in handy in Ankh 2 on the pillar if you cant manage to shoehorn Shelter in.
New Name is 'Cholesterol' cause I keep giving people Cardiac Arrests.
Describing MissR's PvP modus operandi.

The two rules of 9S:
1) When in doubt, blame Endo.
2) If you cant blame Endo, blame Sonno.
Chaosetor

Post by Chaosetor »

In 18s it works, but you get more healing from throwing in shelter if you fist heal. If you leech then using anima vessel or just throwing in RnS is better. In Hell Eternal the DPS will often have killed themselves on the shield by the time the ability finishes, in the ankh it can be useful when you use it on the pillar, though I tend to tell the DPSes to time their jumps, or use a curio/heal potion instead (Guess I am lazy that way). In SH it can prove fatal as the bosses hit hard, and frequently, cold blooded is a better option whether you leech or fist heal In Fac you generally have a healtank, and if not then you have a leecher who should use anima vessel, RnS and/or veteran as the leech healing done then scales with the massive damage boost from the nodes, and finally, in HF, it simply takes too long to cast unless your tank runs a massive amount of physical protection, but since most of us fist heal HF anyway, having shelter slotted should be possible.

The only scenario where I find the quantum bracelet to be useful, and even preferable to other aux weapons (A whip with a mod is great as a healer in dungeons, it lets you give your group a damage boost with giddy up, throw in jones in the fast lane and the cooldown is halved thus making it a rather frequent damage boost at that) is in scenarios when I heal survivors in NM.

Edit: As stated here: http://www.tswdb.com/miscellaneous/auxiliary-weapons/ the quantum brace can be combined with a charge signet to make it a heavy hitting weapon against two targets, though it can be a pain to aim.
Gebbeth

Post by Gebbeth »

FINALLY unlocked it - had another skill to finish maxing before I started on SP for the Quantum Bracer, but I finally got back up to 35 SP and plugged it in. By this time I had unlocked the first 2 active abilities - a ranged single target/AoE cycle (Vector-Space) and a close-range single target cycle (Collider/Collapse).

Both abilities were entertaining, :twisted: - very happy to have one more cooldown clicky in my attack bar. To be honest, I think that if I upgraded the weapon and added the Binding signet, the Vector-Space ability could be very nice indeed.

Makes me eager to try a rocket launcher.
“Doubt is uncomfortable, but certainty is ridiculous.” - Voltaire