Founder (retired)

Re: Random Thread

Post by Xeeyon »

Oh wow... Match point to Ubisoft??
Maxwell Blue
Founder (retired)

Post by Maxwell Blue »

Does this actually remind anybody of someone they happen to know?

Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Post by Xeeyon »

Reminds me of "Rhino" in the movie "Volt" ^_^
Maxwell Blue
Founder (retired)

Post by Maxwell Blue »

loooooool... gotta love that hamster =D ... not that I would ever watch kids' movies, animes or cartoons
<.<
>.>
-.-'
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Post by Xeeyon »

Heck, I do! *lol* The makers of these films figured out that parents were kinda doomed to watch them as well, so they made it accordingly... They're fun ^_^
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Post by Xeeyon »

Ravynswind
Founder (retired)

Post by Ravynswind »

I want to do a sleep study on that little mouse. He needs a little CPAP mask to stop his snoring.
"What you have are bullets and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing, because if I am, you'll all be dead before you've reloaded."
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Post by Xeeyon »

For those not familiar with Team Fortress..., there's an animation bug with the Spy, making it walk in a funny way. It's been called "Spy Crab".

Introducing the Spy Crab

A rare migration of Spy Crabs

A live Spy Crab
Fetterlock

Post by Fetterlock »

I am totally blown away right now!!! I just found out that there is a new movie called John Carter based on Edgar Rice Burroughs' A Princess of Mars and its sequels!!! I have been dreaming of a movie about those books since I was a kid!!!

The premise of the story is largely based on the mistaken notion that Mars has less gravity than Earth due to having an increased speed of rotation, so that when an Earthman is mysteriously transported to Mars his muscles give him extraordinary strength and the ability to jump to great heights due to the reduced gravity. So in the story, the Earthman John Carter of Virginia is able to become the greatest killing machine the people of Mars have ever seen simply because he has muscles which originally developed in Earth's gravity. Burroughs used a similar conceptual trick to explain the unnatural powers of his Tarzan character, whose superior strength and agility were explained as being byproducts of his being raised from infancy by an ape.

By the way, I strongly recommend the books to all of you! They are very fast-paced and violent, and it is so much fun to see how Burroughs envisioned many science fiction ideas way back in 1912 when the series began. And I really recommend that you try the classic Tarzan of the Apes as well. You can get his John Carter and Tarzan books for free (and many, many other books) at Arthur's Classic Novels: http://arthursclassicnovels.com/burroughs.html

Last edited by Fetterlock on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.