Banned account

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
rippledrums

Banned account

Post by rippledrums »

I came home from work tonight, tried getting in the game and got an error saying my password was wrong and that passwords are case sensitive.

I searched Google, tried resetting my password and still nothing so I submitted a support ticket.

After that I noticed that I have a Banned date line in my account at the website with a date and time, and forwarded that information to Funcom too.

I have no pending payments and also checked on my bank's website and Paypal if anything was wrong.

I'm kinda panicking here... :cry:
Has anyone ever had this issue?
Aberlour
SWL Community

Re: Banned account

Post by Aberlour »

There's a chance there was a failed payment if you are a subscriber or such and Funcom was worried it was a fraudulent charge or a hacked/account. Definitely talk to their support. Do not be surprised if they ask for a copy of your ID and the credit card, they've done that to people before.
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

Gebbeth

Post by Gebbeth »

My password also didn't work for a short period yesterday - didn't notice a "ban" note, but I may have missed it. I tried 3 times and came back an hour later - worked fine again. Figured it was rollout/lag related?
“Doubt is uncomfortable, but certainty is ridiculous.” - Voltaire
rippledrums

Post by rippledrums »

Uragon wrote:It this relevant to you?
https://twitter.com/blameTomium/status/ ... 9185593345
Hmmm I did buy the game via Kinguin but I'm still able to login to the website and I don't use the Steam client...

I'm not a subscriber and everything I bought was paid immediately because I checked every time.
rippledrums

Post by rippledrums »

So I exchanged a few emails with Funcom and it seems this is exactly my issue.

I bought the key, input it in their website and downloaded their client.

Never used Steam with this game and had no idea it was a Steam key.

And now I'm banned with no kind of warning and Funcom says they can't help me because they weren't the ones who revoked my key.

I have bought quite a few Funcom points plus issues 5, 6, 7 and 8 and the Fall of Tokyo pack just a week ago so it doesn't seem fair to me that I have to buy the game again to be able to continue playing.
Kisshoten

Post by Kisshoten »

As that tweet said, go contact Steam Support and ask them why your key has been revoked.
Kennehan
Twitter: @ProfKennehan

Post by Kennehan »

I'm in the same boat. I bought the steam starter pack back in 2012, either from Steam or from Gamespot, I can't recall which. No problems until yesterday. I contacted live chat and was very politely told that Funcom wasn't going to do anything and I have to contact steam. I've done so and gotten crickets.
rippledrums

Post by rippledrums »

Thing is I don't have my game linked to Steam.

I've contacted Kinguin with this issue and I am waiting for a reply from them.

But I don't even know how I can buy a new key directly from Funcom to avoid future problems and associate the new key with my account...
Marlolini
Twitter: Marlolini

Post by Marlolini »

help.funcom.com can help you with how to add new key.

For the other issue, it was still probaly meant for steam and thats why it was stopped.