Saturday Afternoon RP! (Aug. 15, 1-3 pm PST)

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Hit-Parade
Twitter: @goldshield01

Saturday Afternoon RP! (Aug. 15, 1-3 pm PST)

Post by Hit-Parade »

Exactly what it says in the subject header! This is our attempt to have regularly-scheduled RP events with a timeframe optimized for our U.S. members. (If this timeslot doesn't work, we'll keep trying till we find something that does!)

This event will be held from 1-3 p.m. PST, in the Temple Club's billiards room. Dependent on developments, the venue may shift. No need for sign-ups, walk-ins are welcome.

Looking forward to seeing you there!
Rikunda
Twitter: @Rikunda

Re: Saturday Afternoon RP! (Aug. 15, 1-3 pm PST)

Post by Rikunda »

Sounds like a great opportunity for new or curious people to be introduced to the RP scene. Perhaps someone could be willing to help first timers get set up with some tips here on forums or when they get to the event? Never turn a learning chance down!

:geek:
Mother Teresa wrote: Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
Floryn
Twitter: @DutchFloryn

Post by Floryn »

Great initiative Russ! 11:00pm my time should be doable, so you may see a wandering European in your group.
"...the prosaic materialism of the majority condemns as madness the flashes of super-sight which penetrate the common veil of obvious empiricism." - H.P. Lovecraft

Proud member of Nine Swords - Leader of the Rapier Division
Hit-Parade

Post by Hit-Parade »

Sure, RP is a learning process for everyone, so don't be afraid to ask questions or anything! If this becomes sufficiently successful, we may move to venues outside Templar territory, for more interaction with other factions. :)
Floryn
Twitter: @DutchFloryn

Post by Floryn »

I enjoyed our first SARP! Really cool how four people can make an interesting pool-game on an empty snooker table. :mrgreen:
"...the prosaic materialism of the majority condemns as madness the flashes of super-sight which penetrate the common veil of obvious empiricism." - H.P. Lovecraft

Proud member of Nine Swords - Leader of the Rapier Division
Rikunda
Twitter: @Rikunda

Post by Rikunda »

How did this event? Anyone new to roleplaying come to see?
Mother Teresa wrote: Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
Hit-Parade

Post by Hit-Parade »

I've never RPed with Yuriksha or Ratta-tat before (which isn't to say they don't RP, I've just never encountered them in an RP context), but I enjoyed it greatly! Four people managed a lot of RP in a two hour period.

I think it went went for the first time. Let's give it another whirl this Saturday!
Yuriksha
Leader

Post by Yuriksha »

This was my first instance of sustained RP in TSW. I'd say I enjoyed it most when we got up to four people as the conversation was able to open up more. I'm looking forward to the next one.