Planning - RP / Social events

Old Event requests
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Planning - RP / Social events

Post by Katelin »

As I said in another thread, I am planning on the 9th to have a social event to kick off the event - I am also planning on one for the 9th December.

Hit-Parade, you signed up for RP things - so, we can use this thread to brainstorm ideas :)

Suggestions I have are:

1. Story telling about beasts
2. Lore events that are like someone giving a presentation about a beast, and having a question and answer session at the end
3. Guided tours around museums (would need to have some decent completion to do this - there are members in the cabal that do have a lot already done :) )
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Katelin
Leader

Re: Planning - RP / Social events

Post by Katelin »

HP / Yuri - you were both interested in running RP / social events for this event - have you got anything planned over the coming weeks?
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
Yuriksha
Leader

Post by Yuriksha »

I am sorry to say I have no plan as yet. Now that my local tabletop game con that I ran an RPG game at has passed, I will start putting some serious consideration into this. I have completed exhibits in the following wings, if anyone has anything to suggest related to them (Classic centerpieces unless otherwise noted):
Local Legends of New England
The Reanimated
Strains of the Filth
Cycle of the Draug
Menagerie of the Vampire (Superior)
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

Marlo said you can use his museum if you want to coordinate with him. He has a huge amount completed.
Yuriksha
Leader

Post by Yuriksha »

OK, spoke with HP about this at SARP today. We are currently planning an open-ended black-tie social event next Saturday which he should get posted this evening. He also had an idea for a lecture event followed by a monster or lore hunt which we'll probably be working on for a couple weeks after the black-tie social. I'll also be trying to think up at least one more directed-story idea to set in a museum.
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

You know Cabal Pride is next Saturday? :)

Otherwise, it sounds great!
Yuriksha
Leader

Post by Yuriksha »

Well, I have to admit that had escaped my attention. I will mail HP to put that off until the following week... which is Halloween weekend. Hrm.
Yuriksha
Leader

Post by Yuriksha »

Now that marlo has gone to legio fulminata, do we know if the offer of hosting still stands? Has anybody talked to him since then? Will we need to find a host for next week's social?
Yuriksha
Leader

Post by Yuriksha »

I'm coming up on 10k Revenants, thinking the the premiere/install of that exhibit might be an interesting seed for a story.
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

Not likely it still stands, no.

Generally - a social event in a museum even with closed doors can be a good setting I think. It just needs a good story and good atmosphere.