How important is the visuals for you?

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
LeMort
Twitter: lemortieth

How important is the visuals for you?

Post by LeMort »

Hi

Since I own everything Skyrim, I've been given The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition for free.
It was downloaded last night and is opened up tomorrow, or something.

I've logged 121 hours in Skyrim and I think I'm 'done' with it.

And for me visuals isn't that important. I play TSW on low settings for framerate.
It's the soundscapes that makes a game for me. Which can be troublesome.
I have so damn much music I should've listened to, but when I'm in Kingsmouth Town, I don't want the latest record of Radiohead to destroy the immersion. (I've turned off the ingame music by now....)

As a former lecturer in Multimedia, I would love to hear your opinion.

LeM:)rt - (Who will crank up Special Edition just to check it out, but probably not go further than the first town)
Elil

Re: How important is the visuals for you?

Post by Elil »

Until I got the PSVR a couple of weeks ago I would have said visuals are right at the top of my list. And to be honest, they are, it's just the VR has a way of immersing you that makes you forgive the shoddy resolution, and hey, the Pro is out in a month so that'll boost them up again anyway. I run a top-end PC and I've never played a PC game on anything below Ultra (or whatever the game happens to call the highest graphic setting). I genuinely don't know how people can play on lower resolutions, having seen screenshots... it's like we're playing different games. (Framerate isn't an issue for me incidentally, I run the world bosses quite happily).
Dauntless the slug-horn to my lips I set,
And blew “Childe Ellie to the Dark Tower came."
LeMort

Post by LeMort »

Elil wrote:Until I got the PSVR a couple of weeks ago I would have said visuals are right at the top of my list. And to be honest, they are, it's just the VR has a way of immersing you that makes you forgive the shoddy resolution,....
I do want to buy a VR eventually, I love Racing Sims and Elite Dangerous, I guess the immersion in such games can be mindblowing. I'm just a sound-guy, I think that's the thing

Lem:)rt
Rick Fortune
Twitter: @TheRicksterTSW

Post by Rick Fortune »

Not going to do much with Special Edition till a few mods and tools are released.
New Name is 'Cholesterol' cause I keep giving people Cardiac Arrests.
Describing MissR's PvP modus operandi.

The two rules of 9S:
1) When in doubt, blame Endo.
2) If you cant blame Endo, blame Sonno.
LeMort

Post by LeMort »

Rick Fortune wrote:Not going to do much with Special Edition till a few mods and tools are released.
Tried to start it up, wasn't that impressed. Mostly because NumPads are *still* locked and can't be bound.
We're so many lefthanded people who rely on numpads for movement and such. No respect, so many games (who basically are ports from consols) gets their forums overrun by angry lefties and still the companies don't take it seriously.
We're quite many, actually...
To play SE I have to reinstall AutoHotScript and make a script to run the game.
Don't think so.

(Also, after trying it anyway (found the old Ahk script) it is, as it was then, buggy as hell. and when it crashes (and it seems like it probably will) you might be stuck with a hard reset. Seriously not impressed)

LeM:(rt
Rick Fortune

Post by Rick Fortune »

Better idea. Use a Mod Manager to launch the game like I do. Even if you don't mod the game. It's what I do. (Mind you, my original version of Skyrim is modded to within an inch of its life... :) )

The two rules of 9S:
LeMort

Post by LeMort »

Rick Fortune wrote:Better idea. Use a Mod Manager to launch the game like I do. Even if you don't mod the game. It's what I do. (Mind you, my original version of Skyrim is modded to within an inch of its life... :) )
What is the name of your Mod Manager?

LeM:)rt
Rick Fortune

Post by Rick Fortune »

I use Mod Organizer. It's available on the Skyrim Nexus website. HERE

The two rules of 9S: