Ignorant TSW Forums posts

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
pilot2fly

Ignorant TSW Forums posts

Post by pilot2fly »

Recently got into a debate with some guy named rustymuffins. He claims the Templars stand for nothing good at all and that we're all evil and corrupt. Actually, we're the most "good" of the 3 groups, making it our main mission in TSW to defeat all evil. Yes, all factions do this, but none have it as their sole mission except the Templars, and he just doesn't seem to understand that.

Anyway, just had to rant on him acting like a douche.
Jonathan "Vittoro" Romano
Ravynswind
Founder (retired)

Re: Ignorant TSW Forums posts

Post by Ravynswind »

I realize it is almost impossible sometimes to not respond, but usually that is the best course of action. Save yourself some stress.
"What you have are bullets and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing, because if I am, you'll all be dead before you've reloaded."
Kotts
Founder (retired)

Post by Kotts »

(( Not too sure if this is meant as an in character post, or an out of character one but... ))
When it comes to terms of world domination there is no good guy. Just shades of grey, and the one you feel most comfortable representing. Where the Illuminati focus on empowering only them self as an individual, we focus on empowering our family. Where the Dragon go with the flow, and look for opportunities... we set goals, and complete them at any cost. "At any cost" is where we are grey. Sometimes the lesser of two evils is still an evil in itself. We have faith in our family, and belief that our goals are just.
pilot2fly

Post by pilot2fly »

I 100% agree, but I find it interesting that people on TSW forums want to argue over it. I mean each society has its goods and evils, I just feel like the Templars are the lesser of the three. Sure we can burn a village down, and it may be ruthless. But our values, our honor, leadership, pride, and devotion to the society...that's what get's me going. To me, it just seems like the only faction with the only goal of destroying evil is the Templars, though the means in which we do it may sometimes be evil. I understand each faction works to destroy it, but Illum's make deals with demons to keep them silent, and the Dragon just spread chaos, but that it somehow translates into peace.

That's just my 2 cents. :D
Jonathan "Vittoro" Romano
Kotts
Founder (retired)

Post by Kotts »

Meh some people value being right all the time very high. Other times their just trolling for entertainment, and out of boredom.
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Post by Xeeyon »

What I find surprising is how much players actually *identify* themselves to the different factions. As if any of this was real. Fascinating.
Sneakybuffalo

Post by Sneakybuffalo »

Xeeyon wrote:What I find surprising is how much players actually *identify* themselves to the different factions. As if any of this was real. Fascinating.
Pretty similar to how people identify with sports teams or their alma matter even
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

As a light-hearted, general advice: mind the fourth wall. While it might be transparent, walking through it can still result in bumping your nose. Rustymuffins might have been an arse about pointing this out and at the same time is a victim of this as well, but if you want to get the most out of the RP aspect of the game then it's imperative to make proper distinction between you and your character.

While we'll indeed quite likely end up being part of a disciplined, hierarchical structure that will have to reflect on the leadership's characters and how they interact in RP settings, it doesn't reflect on how we interact as real people.
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Post by Xeeyon »

Uragon wrote:[...] if you want to get the most out of the RP aspect of the game then it's imperative to make proper distinction between you and your character.

While we'll indeed quite likely end up being part of a disciplined, hierarchical structure that will have to reflect on the leadership's characters and how they interact in RP settings, it doesn't reflect on how we interact as real people.
And Ura strikes again, hitting the nail riiiight on the head with few words and surgical precision :mrgreen: