What other MMOs do you play?

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Saunabath
Leader

Re: What other MMOs do you play?

Post by Saunabath »

I wouldn't call it playing other MMO, I just sometimes log into Anarchy Online to chat at the GSP shows.
Elil

Post by Elil »

About to celebrate 10 years in Lord of the Rings Online, I run a Kinship on Evernight :). I also play Destiny and soon Destiny 2.
Dauntless the slug-horn to my lips I set,
And blew “Childe Ellie to the Dark Tower came."
LeMort
Twitter: lemortieth

Post by LeMort »

Elil wrote:About to celebrate 10 years in Lord of the Rings Online,
Yea, I will for sure drop into the 10years anniversary.
10 years since we started playing, maaaan!

My Kinship The Grand Moot died out a long time ago and hardly any of my friends plays now so that's what keeps me away
I love the game

leM:)rt
Tess-Bett

Post by Tess-Bett »

Tried LOTRO... i just cant do the low quality graphics(on a game not previously played) and not a fan of how its involved around TOR (The One Ring) rather than just in that universe.

I do like Turbine's DDO, but thats because thats a game I more or less grew up on.. just wish I could actually group with anyone on there :/

Redownloaded GW2 and running around on that for now..

P.S. if anyone (pref. US tz) wants to install DDO, I will totally make a character with you :D
LeMort
Twitter: lemortieth

Post by LeMort »

Scottybear wrote:Tried LOTRO... i just cant do the low quality graphics(on a game not previously played) and not a fan of how its involved around TOR (The One Ring) rather than just in that universe.
Actually I like the graphics and the sceneries in Lotro. But it's what you say, I've played since launch. That's 10 years.
I just logged in to do some stuff and I liked what I saw :)

I also think they solved it pretty good, speaking of how you as a player gets involved.
You can't change the history, but you can do all sorts of story things that won't change it.

Ofcourse it's pretty stupid that you run around chasing chickens when the world is about to end or spend a lot of time fishing in the Shire, but what is not stupid in TSW if we're going to start being realistic :)

LeM:)rt - Huge Tolkien Fan
Yuriksha
Leader

Post by Yuriksha »

I've been trying out Elder Scrolls Online during the free play week. I think I've enjoyed it overall. The world-building and characters feel Elder Scrolls-y, although I've found being on a series of islands for the first few levels and having only a few quests on each it at least starts out feeling much more constrained than the single player series. They've got a very nice UI and I think the combat is fairly intuitive, pretty close to Skyrim except for of course being able to have a wider variety of abilities able to use at once without pausing the game to change them in a menu. They could have explained more clearly that not all your default keybinds can be filled with all abilities and that if you keep buying new abilities some of them are going to go unused. It's good that you can spin the camera around yourself when you're standing still without having to press any special buttons, as well as use the mouse wheel to scroll in and out. They've also got a well-optimized engine that has no problem running well on my computer. Best of all, there's no encumbrance! Dealing with item weight is the thing that bugs me most about the single player games. Not the biggest fan of having crosshairs all the time but crosshairs are far better than the circle we saw on the devstream last week. If SWL plays as well as ESO I think it'll be okay, but that's going to be an uphill battle in the old engine.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I sometimes get irritated that everywhere you go in this story where 'you' are 'the one' saving the day, there's at least four or five people on the same tier of the mission as you are (or maybe more like 10-20) and they're all eager to kill as many monsters as they can. On the other hand, I can let them and get on with the story without wasting my time. Maybe that's why even though I've made it to Daggerfall I'm only level 7....
Dreadzilla

Post by Dreadzilla »

Been playing tons of civ 6, I like it cause it's turn based, so you can drink and not die because you lost track of what you were doing.
Xkraft

Post by Xkraft »

Wazz is thiz nonzenze?

ottttrr MMMOOOS??

None i tell u, nOOne!
Bladevenom

Post by Bladevenom »

ESO most recently got my CP 200 Sorcerer been playing on and off for months since I ran out of TSW story to do. In the last 2 weeks been revisiting my toons on GW2, BDO, SWTOR, LOTRO, DDO, Rift. ESO is probably the one I have been enjoying most....
Helixia

Post by Helixia »

I should maybe give another try to ESO since so many people seem to enjoy it. I played it a while back, before starting TSW and I was not that much into it