I need this logo to looks awsome

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
shin

I need this logo to looks awsome

Post by shin »

Hey,

I'm creating my travel blog named "Where can I set up my tent?" And I'm trying to create logo but there is something missing in it. Can you tak a looks ? I value any comments!

svg
https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... WbtH47emuk

pdf
https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... DvvL1b4ECX

shin
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Re: I need this logo to looks awsome

Post by Katelin »

I prefer the colours in the one on the top right. But I think there are too many colours.

Try replacing the sea with white - and add in a square border in the teal ?
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Gebbeth

Post by Gebbeth »

Shin,

I think the globe in relation to the tent is too big and too much more realistically drawn. Maybe a smaller stylized globe with 4-5 question marks on it? Maybe separate the tent?
feedback.png
feedback.png (4.73 KiB) Viewed 3032 times
If you want to incorporate the words into the logo, maybe have a questionized globe at the start of the words and and a tent at the other end?

Whatever you decide is going to be fine, of course - but I would nudge you towards a more subtle graphic. Think about large on your front page, smaller at the bottom or side on other pages maybe, not overpowering when included with a link, or printed on a business card? You may want two versions of the logo (or several).

Hope that helps some, have fun with it!
“Doubt is uncomfortable, but certainty is ridiculous.” - Voltaire
shin

Post by shin »

Interesting ideas. I will try to experiment and I will post something new today.
Ezraell

Post by Ezraell »

interesting concept.

I do prefer the top right version but :
1. As Gebbeth said, the Globe is way too big.
2. The tent lacks depth, the "interior" could be either darker orange or dark grey.
3. The color choice is making the sea's pop out more, which is even more brought up by the fact the outline of the globe is almost the same color as the continents.
You might try to invert the colors of continents and oceans. Keep the outline of globe with the same color (IMO), but make it a little bit thinner.
4. You set up a tent on land, yet the globe is centered on the Indian ocean? Maybe inverting the colors as suggested in 3. would help. Otherwise try rotating the globe a little bit so you get a land/ocean ratio tilting towards more land. (unless that view has some meaning to you ofc)

EDIT: 5. Now I see the tent has a blue outline. That is too many colors indeed. Try using dark-orange/dark-grey depending on the choice you make for the inside of the tent. Or even globe's outline color.

Oh and yes, having two or more logos is a good idea. I have two for my company depending on the purpose : (ugh, too big but i cant edit the attachments)
Attachments
LingLog2.150.png
LingLog2.150.png (6.88 KiB) Viewed 3001 times
LingLog2.900.png
LingLog2.900.png (85.22 KiB) Viewed 3002 times
LingLog1.760.png
LingLog1.760.png (30.62 KiB) Viewed 3002 times
Gebbeth

Post by Gebbeth »

I had a business once, Wildflower Electronics, it was in-home or on-site repair for 2-way radios, sound systems, computer/LANs, whatever - anyway, we used free-stock clip art of bluebonnets (TX state flower, and a wildflower) before our name as our 'logo'. Looked professional and was good enough for me. For a blog, you might look around at existing free clip art - there's an unlimited supply out there.

If you do, just make sure it really is public domain - last I heard for art copyright infringement the default was $30k fine to the owner. How one guy I met made a living, post registered stuff, then look for infringements to sue - Google is your fiend. We talked a bit about that - not that I was tempted.
“Doubt is uncomfortable, but certainty is ridiculous.” - Voltaire