9S Screenshots: Beta Weekend 1

Old Event requests
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Re: 9S Screenshots: Beta Weekend 1

Post by Xeeyon »

Kotts wrote:Hit 'p' next time around. You'll see all kinds of goodies. Also the decks can be used to preview some outer wheel skills. Just select a deck, and hover over skills for the discription. Because of that I can't stop laughing at people complaining that every weapon is just a typical rogue. Builders and finishers are just the basics... there are some crazy abilities out there that only have a cool down, and nothing else.
...HEY! That's my tip!...

...Traitor.

/execute
Fez

Post by Fez »

On the ability screen, there's even a search thing on the right where you can search 'all hammer abilities' or something like that. So you can see all abilities I believe, or at least all that are in the game currently (even those that are locked)
SirVent

Post by SirVent »

I really need to find a build other than shottie/hammer. Kudos to Cephas for helping me out with my AOE build, but I'm striving fore something original and effective. I'm thinking of something worthy of an tanking build, capitalizing on the defensive abilities of the hammer, which can pack a reasonable punch in it's own right, but I wonder what weapon should accompany it to really bring out defense/hate generation. Can any of you guys think of something?
Fez

Post by Fez »

I believe Chaos has some great defensive abilities... but now I can't remember what they were lol. I'm doing my next build based on that, Hammer/Chaos.
Sneakybuffalo

Post by Sneakybuffalo »

SirVent wrote:I really need to find a build other than shottie/hammer. Kudos to Cephas for helping me out with my AOE build, but I'm striving fore something original and effective. I'm thinking of something worthy of an tanking build, capitalizing on the defensive abilities of the hammer, which can pack a reasonable punch in it's own right, but I wonder what weapon should accompany it to really bring out defense/hate generation. Can any of you guys think of something?
Can combine any of the 3 tank builds if you looking to uber tank

Chaos/Blades share the frenzy synergy
Chaos/Hammer share weaken
Hammer/Blades don't share synergies that I'm aware of but they do have the benefit of having their defensive focuses not overriding. Chaos' evade overrides block and glance, but block and glance aren't mutually exclusive

If you are thinking of tanking primarily for the needs of the group (assumption since you said you're new to the role) healing would be what I'd recommend instead personally

If you are set on hammer and avoiding shotgun, good non-tanking alternatives would be Fist for heals and Blasts, Ele for strikes, Pistol for weakens. I'd avoid AR and Blood