New Event Idea: Catch me if you can!

Old Event requests
Dirtybliss

New Event Idea: Catch me if you can!

Post by Dirtybliss »

Hey All this my idea for an event where the guild can get together and have our own Investigation missions. Read this summary of the event below:

Catch Me If You Can:
This is a single or team event where members/teams must solve a series of clues to find an NPC. Once the member/team finds the NPC they must whisper the event leader with the name of the NPC. If they have found the right NPC the event leader will whisper another set of clues and this can continue as long as you want. Here is an example of one of the clues.

This NPC is Found in The Savage Coast.

This NPC is Still Alive when you find them.

Normally not many people can make money doing what this NPC does for a living.

One of this NPC's known Associates is Sheriff Helen Bannerman

This NPC Gives out Three Missions. But is involved in five missions in the Savage Coast Zone.

(The Answer is: Sam Krieg)

The Idea behind this is that at the beginning of the week we can put out a set of questions about the selected NPC and with that, we can have people make guesses by whispers to a division leader. It someone guesses the NPC they can get a prize. It is a very simple event that has always been a huge hit in any guild or whatever other games call it that I have lead or been in.
Don't Just be good... Be good for something.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Re: New Event Idea: Catch me if you can!

Post by Katelin »

Really like this idea :)
Do you not want to consider running it yourself perhaps with the support of a leader or another cabal member?

Instead of whispering clues / giving answers to one person, you could set up a mission thread where you ask a mission team to sign up. That team, once filled with say 5 members of the cabal - can follow your clues and work together. You could even incorporate the "timing" element like in your other idea. Then overtime, establish teams within the cabal to pit their brains against each other.. like a tournament.

Participating teams over a period could even be awarded prizes / awarded medals via our interface.
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
hobilsm

Re: New Event Idea: Catch me if you can!

Post by hobilsm »

Me likes this idea, make it happen :D
The Penguin