A weekly scheduled cabal lair raid!

Old Event requests
Waspstar

A weekly scheduled cabal lair raid!

Post by Waspstar »

I mentioned this at the StB.

We did a cabal lair raid a couple of weeks ago, and I thought it was great fun...and useful [and safe!] for a newbie like me. Plus, lovely loot for all, and some team-related laughs.

I'd like to run a weekly one, but it would be like letting Mr Bean drive the bus.

So, who'd be interested*, and who'd be willing to help give me some guidance?

And what day / time would be best for everyone -- Wed / Thurs / Friday?

*If I don't hear from you I will assume your absolute commitment.
"So much pain can be avoided by not devising stories that further upset us."

~ Derren Brown
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Re: A weekly scheduled cabal lair raid!

Post by Katelin »

Generally willing, but from the 11th October I am doing a course which is going to impact my availability for about 6 weeks. If I am online, I am happy to help - just cannot guarantee my availability.
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
xzreasel
Leader

Post by xzreasel »

I gladly do a cabal lair raid:) even it it was like mr bean riding a bus it still be better than lair i do yestarday xd
Waspstar

Post by Waspstar »

That's a good start, thx both :D

~ Derren Brown
Cassar

Post by Cassar »

I have a couple of thoughts on this but note that I'm not looking to shoot down the idea. I can see where you are coming from as lairs can be intimidating to do for the first time (they were for me). However unlike NYR which is generally run a 2-3 times a week at most (for the average person), lairs are commonly run often.

I can easily forsee issues such as people being on cooldown from having run lairs already on that day (or in the last 72 hours if patron is lapsed/don't have it), and unlike people helping with NYR (can fully participate at reduced reward) all ten members need to do the missions to be able to summon in a lair.

What was useful for me was all the materials in the knowledge base, the first time I joined a given lair I had read over what to expect from the bosses (such as not taking cleanse in SC against Filth Vector) and (aside from BM/CF initial pickups) letting others pick stuff up/trigger defence portions until I figured out what was what.

You would require a lair leader to get one off the ground so someone would have to be willing to A: do it, B: make sure their CDs don't clash with the weekly lair and C: be around each week. Not entirely sure what the item requirements are for it but it seems a bit beyond what I have to hand.

I think that there is merit in helping newer/more shy members getting into lairs but that it might work better as a sort of mentor (for lack of a better term) who goes into a PUG lair with them and watches over them so they know what they need to do.

With all that said I would of course be happy to help but somewhat echoing Kate; I'm changing jobs soon and will likely have reduced availability until I get settled.
Waspstar

Post by Waspstar »

Thanks for your well-reasoned post, Cassar!

It's a very simple event to arrange, provided 10 people are willing to make it happen. Therein lies the problem. There's no escaping RL commitments, and it may well be that there isn't enough interest in such an event. I can live with that possibility ;)

I'll see if anyone else responds.

~ Derren Brown
xzreasel
Leader

Post by xzreasel »

If CD is the issue maybe we can do some egiptian lair, i think i never seen someone forming a group to do them on LFG
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords

Post by Katelin »

As information for how we used to plan lair runs

Post sign up 1 week in advance, with lair /s we will run
Double lair was more interesting than a single lair and meant a 30 min to 45min event time

If the person organising wasnt a tank, list tank roll needed in the sign up
Eg.
1. TANK Needed
4. .. and so on

Then leech:

Sometimes we filled the whole team plus leech. Sometimes only I signed up, so an hour before the event I cancelled die to lack of sign ups.
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Waspstar

Post by Waspstar »

That's very useful, thanks :)

~ Derren Brown
Razorgrin
Twitter: @magusferox

Post by Razorgrin »

I'm game! I've missed running around with you guys lately. I can tank, I've led plenty of lair pugs before. The only factor is what time you want to run it, if it's during the week it'd have to be after noonish, 12:15ish (CST so that's uh--about 6:15pm UTC), not right on the hour bc I gotta drop my kid off at school and sometimes that takes longer than expected.
:twisted: