A MB some time over Christmas / New Year?

Old Event requests
Waspstar

A MB some time over Christmas / New Year?

Post by Waspstar »

I've never done this and know nothing about it.

But people have mentioned it, and wondered whether it's something we could run for change, as a one-off during the holidays?

Any thoughts?
"So much pain can be avoided by not devising stories that further upset us."

~ Derren Brown
Fractalis
Timezone: UTC+09:00

Re: A MB some time over Christmas / New Year?

Post by Fractalis »

If this happens at a time I can be online, I'd gladly heal these fights :D Bonus heals if the summoned boss is the Hitodama Confluence, which is the one I am still missing for the achievement.

The summoning ritual requires 5 people, among whom only 1 needs the fragment for the boss to summon. After these 5 people enter the portal, others (up to 40 people total I believe, the same crowd as for a Jack or Hel fight) can join; and everyone can loot from the chests after the fight.

MB can deal significant amounts of damage, use AoE, etc... The fights need a tank in good gear (or a healer better than me). As always, DPS need to pay attention to where their wandering feet might take them.
If it's taking damage, heal it. If it's not, heal it all the same -- it might soon take damage.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Waspstar

Post by Waspstar »

So, ideally we'd need some heavy hitters in that group of five?
"So much pain can be avoided by not devising stories that further upset us."

~ Derren Brown
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

Nope, just a competent tank and healer - certainly helps when you have some 25-30k+ DPSers in the overall 40 people instance .. then the fight goes faster :) :)
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.