MB-4.jpg (417.12 KiB) Viewed 585 times
MB-6.jpg
MB-6.jpg (458.59 KiB) Viewed 585 times
MB-7.jpg
MB-7.jpg (481.81 KiB) Viewed 585 times
kichu

Re: Mine is bigger

Post by kichu »

Everybody are healing :-) ... including me.
Fractalis
Timezone: UTC+09:00

Post by Fractalis »

Yes, this is one issue with ACT, and in fact the reason why I have stopped posting the fights' results. Blood users often have an Eldritch Scourge to help them with blood corruption; but the scourge doesn't know this and prevents damage to everybody in the group. Similarly, Signets of Cruel Delight proc and show as healing. Last, but not least, ACT doesn't count barriers, and this renders the results useless to blood healers.

So... until we can get a more refined tool that can track sources and targets of all kinds of healing and barriers (which, by the way, are in the combat log), we have to accept that ACT is useless for healers.
If it's taking damage, heal it. If it's not, heal it all the same -- it might soon take damage.
Lisiasty
Division Member
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Lisiasty »

I'd say that main issue with ACT as a tool for healers is that better the tank is the worse healer performance is taking a raw numbers into account. And as we know for this kind of content healing anything except tanks is in general... unnecesary.
Fractalis
Timezone: UTC+09:00

Post by Fractalis »

This inability to measure the raw performance of a healing build is inherent to the game, and surely well understood by healers. It has nothing to do in itself with ACT. The numbers are bound by the performance of the whole team (not just the tank).

We might dream of "healing dummies" (I know I have) that would start with 0 HP and increasingly take damage over time.

Nonetheless, ACT is unable to measure acurately the healing done in a fight: it does not parse all the information available in the combat logs, and does not analyze finely enough where damage and heals come from (it also completely ignores barriers, grrr).

I have actually looked at the combat logs for some MB fights, so the above is not just my imagination.
If it's taking damage, heal it. If it's not, heal it all the same -- it might soon take damage.