Run scheduling and requests

Old Event requests
Cthulhu Jones

Re: Run scheduling and requests

Post by Cthulhu Jones »

At the moment with no raids scheduled for launch we don't know if there will be raid locks in place for x number of days ie once you go in with 1 grp you are locked to that grp. If these runs are then scheduled in advance has any consideration been made to how over signed raids are handled? No one likes to be told sorry you're out because of x y z.
Appologies if this has been addressed still finding my way around the forums and gathering info :)
No one need think that the world can be ruled without blood.
The civil sword shall and must be red and bloody.
Aralon

Post by Aralon »

Nexa wrote:An idea I had for organizing group runs and events in the PvE department, 'boards'. 1rst and 2nd rank department members would post on these boards the GMT time and general information outline of a run in question, say a week in advance, and other members would register if they were going or not. The department member in charge of organizing the run would then aid in organizing the party to optimize success of the run and would serves as run leader during the actual run.

In addition, other cabal members could post run 'requests' on the boards if they wanted a run

Potential run types for request and scheduling could be for item finding, quest completion, achievement completion, research completion, grinding or even campaign completion.

General information to be provided in runs would include the area name, the teir of difficulty, the run type, and how many members they desired to go on it, as well as a silly name to give that particular run for identification purposes amongst other runs be organized amidst a similar time frame.

Old run-postings on the boards could then be deleted a week after the run occurs.

An idea for organizing the runs. Feedback and sh@t. Go.
I prefer set days and times. IMO, makes it easier than the days changing the whole time. For example Monday night at 21:00 gmt could be dungeon night, Tuesday could be raid night and etc.
Retired.
Nexa
Founder (retired)

Post by Nexa »

Cthulhu Jones wrote:At the moment with no raids scheduled for launch we don't know if there will be raid locks in place for x number of days ie once you go in with 1 grp you are locked to that grp. If these runs are then scheduled in advance has any consideration been made to how over signed raids are handled? No one likes to be told sorry you're out because of x y z.
Appologies if this has been addressed still finding my way around the forums and gathering info :)
I'd reckon that if a raid were to be scheduled, any prerequisites would be listed on the page. As for locks, yeah we can't really say yet. Man I love how much we get done in this department.
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Post by Xeeyon »

Careful what you wish for :) Your big rush will happen after launch... Oh you'll have boredom kept in check, oh yeah...
Sneakybuffalo

Post by Sneakybuffalo »

Cthulhu Jones wrote:At the moment with no raids scheduled for launch we don't know if there will be raid locks in place for x number of days ie once you go in with 1 grp you are locked to that grp. If these runs are then scheduled in advance has any consideration been made to how over signed raids are handled? No one likes to be told sorry you're out because of x y z.
Currently multiple dungeons have a 10 man raid version unless that didnt work out in the Closed Beta. Anyone wanna chime in?

as of May 6 at least http://www.betacake.net/2012/05/06/3761/

And people sitting is just an inherent part of raiding. If we decide to come up with a system for that we would probably need a new thread to keep this one on topic
Sneakybuffalo

Post by Sneakybuffalo »

Xeeyon wrote:Careful what you wish for :) Your big rush will happen after launch... Oh you'll have boredom kept in check, oh yeah...
Hopefully enough is revealed in the last beta weekend(s) that we can hammer out a few of these issues before hand