NY Raid Sunday 22 March 18:50 GMT

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Aberlour
SWL Community

Re: NY Raid Sunday 22 March 18:50 GMT

Post by Aberlour »

Naite wrote:I was about to sign for this, but I see you've posted the team, so it would unfair to do so now. Guess I'll have to be quicker next week.
It's not unfair to sign up still, I'll mark you down as a reserve.
Elil

Post by Elil »

I thought the point of the raid rules was that the team remained open until the 13 slots were filled? If you're going to post teams that early, it'll put people off signing.
Dauntless the slug-horn to my lips I set,
And blew “Childe Ellie to the Dark Tower came."
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

That early? What are you on about? It was posted less than 24 hours before the raid.
Aberlour
SWL Community

Post by Aberlour »

Elil wrote:I thought the point of the raid rules was that the team remained open until the 13 slots were filled? If you're going to post teams that early, it'll put people off signing.
I posted the team around 1:30 a.m. (PDT) right before I went to bed because I knew I wouldn't be back to the computer until right before the raid started. I prefer people have time to prepare. I did get the postings up later than I had wanted, though, so there wasn't a ton of time for signups, sorry.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

raid2.jpg
raid2.jpg (129.09 KiB) Viewed 1994 times
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Mellified

Post by Mellified »

Great screenie Katelin - were you trying to emulate the new load screen featuring the NYR? (or it's new to me anyway)
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

- The National Bloodbuzz Ohio
Rick Fortune
Twitter: @TheRicksterTSW

Post by Rick Fortune »

Sorry guys, slept in... :S
New Name is 'Cholesterol' cause I keep giving people Cardiac Arrests.
Describing MissR's PvP modus operandi.

The two rules of 9S:
1) When in doubt, blame Endo.
2) If you cant blame Endo, blame Sonno.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

Mellified wrote:Great screenie Katelin - were you trying to emulate the new load screen featuring the NYR? (or it's new to me anyway)
No was just a lucky screenshot.. really am loving it :D
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Naite

Post by Naite »

Aberlour wrote:
Naite wrote:I was about to sign for this, but I see you've posted the team, so it would unfair to do so now. Guess I'll have to be quicker next week.
It's not unfair to sign up still, I'll mark you down as a reserve.
I think it would be unfair as it creates a situation that challenges a choice that's been made.

Also, there's no point putting me down as a reserve after I've said I'm not signing. I didn't see the post till after the raid had started anyway. I thought the point of a 13 space sign-up was to create a group and reserves all at once, that is balanced from those available. Raid lists used to be posted 15-20 mins before a raid was due to start on the understanding that all 13 would be online ready to go if needed. I'm pretty sure it doesn't require 24 hours to prepare for the raid, though I am working on the basis that by signing up, I am committing myself to the 1.5 hours required and keeping my time free for that.

Anyway, I'll be sure to sign up earlier next week.
Aberlour
SWL Community

Post by Aberlour »

Raid lists have always been posted at random times, basically on the whims of the raid leader. Sometimes Clare would post them sooner, sometimes she would do them right after waking up. I've always tried, but sometimes failed, to give a couple hours notice in advance so people can buy animas and such.

Also, 1:30 a.m. PDT is only 11ish hours before the raid start, not 24.