NY Raid Thursday 21st of May 18:50 GMT

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Hinoki
Twitter: @Foustiko

Re: NY Raid Thursday 21st of May 18:50 GMT

Post by Hinoki »

DPS (dabs - sf) with my other character - Aiguma (Hinoki isn't enough strong yet)
Tanking rules :
1 - If you die, there's no way that was your fault.
2 - Accuse your healer.
3 - Repeat 1 & 2.
4 - Remember, DPS never steal aggro, you just allow them see how it is hard to be a tank.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

I'm happy to help Anta learn to tank if you are happy for that to happen this raid. If not, I don't need to sign up unless you need me :)
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Floryn
Twitter: @DutchFloryn

Post by Floryn »

I'm really sorry, but because my arm is giving me trouble I think it's best if I skip this one. Good luck Anta if you tank this one!
"...the prosaic materialism of the majority condemns as madness the flashes of super-sight which penetrate the common veil of obvious empiricism." - H.P. Lovecraft

Proud member of Nine Swords - Leader of the Rapier Division
Blueplain
Twitter: @iboxgamers

Post by Blueplain »

Dps- dabs please, finnaly pulled myself away from airport.
Chaosetor
Twitter: @Chaosetor_tsw

Post by Chaosetor »

The Teams

Group 1:
1. Chaos (Tank)
2. Risuka (Tank)
3. Vujem (Healpod)
4. Sonno/MissR (Leech)
5. Blueplain (Buffs)

Group 2:
1. Antanahe (Adds)
2. Gotica (Adds)
3. Hinoki's other character (Buffs, DABS)
4. Cold-Alex (DPS)
5. Directio (DPS)

Reserve: Mellified

Anta - Since you have said that you would rather wait until you can confuse tank before you try tanking, I have placed you on adds instead of tanking this time. If you want to give it a try anyway, let me know before the raid begins and it will be arranged :)

Sonno - I did not place you on healpod despite you mentioning it in your signup post in order to give you a break from healpodding. If you would rather healpod, however, let me know before the raid and I will swap you and vike around.

Anyone who has not previously done so should read the following articles/guides/posts at least once before the raid begins.

http://www.tswdb.com/dungeons/raid/new-york-raid/
Raid Policy (how points are awarded, how looting works etc)
Accumulated Points List
NY Raid Guide
Quick Guide on the possible loot drops

It is not much to ask, and it makes the raid go much smoother for everyone involved, so please take the time to open these five URLs and read them prior to the raid if you have not previously done so. In advance, thank you.
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
Antanahe

Post by Antanahe »

Noted Chaos, will stick to DPS this round.

@Kate: Thanks for the offer ! With Chaos's help I got new talismans yesterday, so I only need to grind NM dungeons for the upgrades now. I should be ready in a week or two I think, if I want everything in 4.4. I look forward to learning and helping out.
I shall tolerate no Evil. I shall stand by my comrades in arms, and guard their backs! I vow no Brother or Sister shall enter the battlefield without the knowledge, skill and equipement needed to overcome Evil.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

Offer will always stand :) It's good to know "both ways" of tanking though - then in the future, when you help other tanks learn.. you can do both at once when they dont :p
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Chaosetor
Twitter: @Chaosetor_tsw

Post by Chaosetor »

Katelin wrote:Offer will always stand :) It's good to know "both ways" of tanking though - then in the future, when you help other tanks learn.. you can do both at once when they dont :p
That is true, knowing both ways is neat (which I do not), though confuse is neat when the dps in the raid is low as provoke tanking does not provide the same amount of DPS from the tanks. PErsonally, I also think confuse tanking is safer unless a DPS pulls insane DPS. Provoke tanking is neat for new tanks though as you can just use dungeon gear for it :)
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.