9S Kick-off Weekend Event - First Cut - An Overture of Steel

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Re: 9S Kick-off Weekend Event [[Planning - your input is nee

Post by Katelin »

I took my event and made an announcement post so its in the calendar :)
Also added more info to it!!

Hope that this is absolutely ok with you too, Volen!
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Volen

Post by Volen »

Katelin wrote:....
Hope that this is absolutely ok with you too, Volen!
Absolutely - a wonderful idea!!
steelslinga

Post by steelslinga »

looks good to me , pretty much have stuff for everyone to do. my main guild functions i like to see and help on are "mentor nights" and i see you have a few "grindin' with the guildies " events so thats great.
Kotts
Founder (retired)

Post by Kotts »

The grinding with guildies can be done with missions, as well as the lairs if we have enough folks online. The missions obviously will give XP, and the lairs drop some really nice upper level greens.

So far we've discovered that you can team up in a raid, and get credit on missions kills so long as you got a piece of the target, but not on pick ups and interactions. Some missions also require solo instance so those might be out of the question if some folks are in over their head gear wise.
Volen

Post by Volen »

Some times have been changed/updated by request (Sunday)... to start just a bit early.
I'm starting to mark off confirmations... as soon as I see enough 'red', I can update the status of the event to PLANNED :-)

If you see your divisional name by an activity, and you don't think its going to happen, please let me know try and find an activity that can go in that spot.

Thanks for the work folks... this is forming up nicely - I can't wait!!

- V
Cidrick

Re: 9S Kick-off Weekend Event [[MAIN Event Planning]]

Post by Cidrick »

so out of boredom i made a program flier for the event...its not great, and its not finished due to events and ...im not caring for the background so ill probably change it, figured id post the basic so far see what people think.
Beware of Spoiler!   
here is further work, liking it better...do we have a 9S small logo ? i could stamp on it? :)
open it in new tab to see full pic, apparently to big for this forum :)
Beware of Spoiler!   
Just wondering here if this event is for Cabal only or the whole server..cuz i could modify this for a flyer to advertise, just a thought. Basically remove the meeting event.. so people dont hunt us down lol

will remove white sides after finalized :) kinda like doing this, though i don't think its wonderful it is improving as i go though (first time attempt at Photoshop like stuffs)
Last edited by Cidrick on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Volen

Post by Volen »

Wow... love it. I'm all in for the second one especially.

We'll need Kat to make the call on 'how open' this event is... the target audience is in-house (9S), but it may be possible that Kat is thinking about inviting our friends/allies to at last some of the activities. We'll just need to wait and hear what she thinks about that end of it.

great work! THANKS

V
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

Also like the 2nd one - though I would remove the bottom information about rating etc.

Also - get the gradient to fill the white space to the side perhaps - looks a bit empty with the white space - or were you planning on cropping it?

Was planning on some smaller "flyers" to pop into facebook / our recruitment thread -- for the events where its easy for people to drop by and talk to us. If you want to have a go at those, please take a look at the size I used in facebook (on my wall I think) to advertise 9S - they worked reasonably ok for sizing.
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Post by Xeeyon »

*leans toward Cidrick and whispers discreetly*
No dash between Nine and Swords...

Ahem! I *love* the 2nd one!

I have a few suggestions to make:
- Making the game name smaller so our event name is clearly visible and not confused with a Funcom initiative
- Enlarging the font and spacing the program's layout a bit to make it easier to read (pretty please?)

But mostly, I really love the design of the 2nd flyer! :D
Last edited by Xeeyon on Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Had the wrong name down ><
Cidrick

Post by Cidrick »

Xeeyon wrote:*leans toward Coldcut and whispers discreetly*
No dash between Nine and Swords...

Ahem! I *love* the 2nd one!

I have a few suggestions to make:
- Making the game name smaller so our event name is clearly visible and not confused with a Funcom initiative
- Enlarging the font and spacing the program's layout a bit to make it easier to read (pretty please?)

But mostly, I really love the design of the 2nd flyer! :D
in defense of the dash...the url has a dash :P
and as far as game name smaller..its part of the background image.. i can try to enlarge the font and spacing of the programs ...the issue i had is saturday has so many to fit in one line...i could probably move it all up a bit now though...will work on it ..