Random Thread

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Ravynswind
Founder (retired)

Re: Random Thread

Post by Ravynswind »

My feet hurt :(
"What you have are bullets and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing, because if I am, you'll all be dead before you've reloaded."
Corenna
Founder (retired)

Post by Corenna »

I got an interview for the University of North Dakota! Air fare was like $600 so I'm doing it over Skype... Hopefully it's not my last interview : )
Stand tall and Shake the heavens.
Ravynswind
Founder (retired)

Post by Ravynswind »

Good luck! But I'm hoping you wind up my way...for selfish reasons :p
"What you have are bullets and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing, because if I am, you'll all be dead before you've reloaded."
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

Corenna wrote:Air fare was like $600
Makes me wonder if that's the "travelling for a day only" or rather the "travelling to the middle of nowhere" bonus. I think the best quote I ever had was for a flight to Poland that would have cost 700 € for a "bird's line" distance of about 600 km. Thankfully could reduce it to a third by cutting out one transfer and taking the train to the main airport instead, as the other options were even more ridiculous. Like a train taking about 10 hours or so and only going twice a day.
Pluto
Founder (retired)

Post by Pluto »

It was cheaper for both of us to fly to Italy than it was for her to fly to ND. There is something extremely wrong with that.

Also trains are awesome and should be re-implemented as a main form of transportation around here. Not like they'd have to do much work since almost all the old railways are still up.
"Through fire, justice is served"
-Jack Pendragon

The gloomy Hades enriches himself on our sighs and our tears.
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Post by Xeeyon »

North Dakota is not quite in the middle of nowhere... or, if it is, at least they have ONE BIG KICKASS NUCLEAR BUNKER!!! ;)

(...I so hope this joke will not turn out to taste bitter in 2012.)
Corenna
Founder (retired)

Post by Corenna »

Aw Ravyn I would love to be closer to you... But don't worry, there's still Montana, New Mexico, and Arizona on my list, hahaha. If I get interviews there, hopefully the flight prices aren't as bad.
Nexa
Founder (retired)

Post by Nexa »

I might move to Washington or Oregon soon, worst case scenario I move to LA or worse-- Nevada-- for medical school.
Ravynswind
Founder (retired)

Post by Ravynswind »

Los angeles or Louisiana? and I want to move to Oregon
Corenna
Founder (retired)

Post by Corenna »

I got a phone call from someone in Oregon today... It was odd, since I don't know anyone there and didn't apply to any schools there. No message either. Oh well.