Are you thinking of a future with 9S?

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Ravynswind
Founder (retired)

Re: Are you thinking of a future with 9S?

Post by Ravynswind »

Thanks for the gret intro :)
Do you just love ultrasound? I had seriously considered studying that, until I found out there was a 4 year waiting list just to get into the program. so I went the way of late nights instead.
"What you have are bullets and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing, because if I am, you'll all be dead before you've reloaded."
Greyknight

Post by Greyknight »

Actually I just repair the machines that come back from the feild. I did look into the sonographer field as well but like you just dont have the time for it. Plus not sure how well I would do using it on patients. :mrgreen: Much easier to just work on the machines in the shop!
Tahrakaii

Post by Tahrakaii »

Hello there!

I'll keep this OOC for now :)

With TSW release nearing, I thought it time to put some feelers out there regarding a cabal I can call home.
Since I want to RP in TSW and saw a thread on the official forums regarding TSW RP innitiative I thought it a good place to start.
I perused the list of RP cabals on that website and Nine Swords was one of them. I recognized a few names from my facebook chat sessions and such, so thought; why the heck not! :)

Now, I have to say I'm a newbie regarding RP online, so any guidance (and some tolerance for my newbie-ness) would be greatly appreciated. :)

Anyway, to say I game a lot would be an understatement. I have no job and basically the only few things that keep me from gaming are my housemate and companion Zea, a beautiful Border Collie (who requires around 3 walks per day, 2 of which are usually 45 to 90 mins long) and otherwise just keeping my household adrift. ;)

I am part of a regular gaming community (Valour Gaming), but they will not be active in TSW. Hence my needing a new home online for TSW. :)
Ravynswind
Founder (retired)

Post by Ravynswind »

*waves* hi Tahra!

happy to see you checking us out :)
"What you have are bullets and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing, because if I am, you'll all be dead before you've reloaded."
elevare

Post by elevare »

I just applied for membership and wanted to say hello to everyone.

I dont know how many of you are in closed beta , but so far I am enjoying the game. Even with some issues I think this is going to be a winner. :D
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Post by Xeeyon »

Hello Tahra! I think I've seen you on Facebook, where I appear as Maxime Deveaux.

You're not the only one who has little to no experience in roleplay, by the way. I fondly remember my first RP experience on an MMO and I hope yours will be enjoyable :)
Cidrick

Post by Cidrick »

Katelin wrote:(Edited to reflect current ongoings! )

If you are thinking of a future with 9S, we want to get to know you better - and have set up a nice comfy recreation area for you to take a seat in.

Spending time here does not necessarily mean you will get an appointment with our boss, but it does mean you get the chance to show off your colours and ensure our founding members can give a shining report on your account.

So, think about it.. reach your hand out to the door, hit the buzzer - and tell us you are at the door

When you enter.. please introduce yourself. How you wish to do this is up to you. Though remember, we do have some standards. Inappropriate photos of you trying to gain the favour of our recruitment team are going to be removed, and you will be file noted.

See you soon.
(silently reads the note affixed to the door. reaching out with hammer in hand, index finger extended this Tall built man presses firmly on the ringer) (it buzzes for a second and then stops as his finger unknowingly presses to hard and punctures through the button and into the wall) (looking down at the noise the man notices what he has caused, pulling out a slip of paper and pencil he jots a quick note down) the message reads- " Sorry, button could not withstand pressure, it had to make a choice to resist or to fold and collapse...sorry it made the choice of the later. I will return in the following days to repair button and hopefully cheer it up."
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Post by Xeeyon »

Some time later that day...

Xee stops as her hand lands on the door handle. "A note?..." She picks up the paper and reads, her eyebrows rising as she quickly checks the doorbell button, and continues reading before bursting out laughing. She grins, looking at the button, and steps in the HQ, crossing the hall in a cheerful footstep, taking the note to the reception desk. She hands it with a large grin. "There, a repair note... I hope it will make your day as well."
Cidrick

Post by Cidrick »

Upon returning to the front door, Cidrick takes all the hardware off for the doorbell, cuts the wires and patches up the hole with a plaque covering it all up. The bracket being all engraved looked like
Beware of Spoiler!   
He then begins installing the new and improved doorbell.
Beware of Spoiler!   
Image Engraved with 9S
"there we go much better and at least now its actually a door bell." he reaches over and gives it a gentle ring, waiting for anyone who may respond.
Venator

Post by Venator »

In response to the bell, a couple of zombies make their way around the corner. Venator appears behind them, and plays a quick round of Whack-A-Mole with zombie heads, using a fire iron he clutches in hand.
"Uh, hey. Welcome, I suppose. You better go inside, we have sort of unexpected garden cleaning day here just now."
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent