PvP Friday - 13 March, 20.00 GMT

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Floryn
Twitter: @DutchFloryn

Re: PvP Friday - 13 March, 20.00 GMT

Post by Floryn »

Mellified wrote:Looks like our visitors might be coming tonight now (ho hum - wish they could make up their minds) so I might be there or I might be not. Sorry ...
Oh no! I'm not sure if we could do without your sniper skills and tech knowledge!
How does that Guardian work anyway? :shock:
"...the prosaic materialism of the majority condemns as madness the flashes of super-sight which penetrate the common veil of obvious empiricism." - H.P. Lovecraft

Proud member of Nine Swords - Leader of the Rapier Division
Antanahe

Post by Antanahe »

@Max: You can certainly go to Fusang in QL3 but not as a dps, healer or tank. The lower levels are however valued as what is know as well-runners. Fusang has several anima wells that are controlled by the factions: they determine where your allies will be able to respawn when they die. It is therefore very important to have as many wells as possible so that they can respawn near to the conflict zones. You don't need anything special to be a well runner, just a good pair of legs and be willing to run and run and run. As with everybody in PVP, you will die often, but you WILL be doing an important job. The only negative side is that some missions will be harder to get than if you join the battle teams (killing 10 ennemies for example), but you will still get your white markers for being present, your marks for taking an anima well, and maybe you can get the points for a facility capture if there is proper communication. Sooo, except for the killing part, you can certainly function in Fusang.
I shall tolerate no Evil. I shall stand by my comrades in arms, and guard their backs! I vow no Brother or Sister shall enter the battlefield without the knowledge, skill and equipement needed to overcome Evil.
Deerhound

Post by Deerhound »

Another way to contribute, if you don't think you can cause or take or heal lots of damage, is to provide buffs or debuffs. Using a chain builder with the passive Chain Misery will let you stack Corrupted, which is very useful. Careful timing of Cleanup and other group-wide effects can turn the tide as well, along with the use of purges and hinders. It's a great feeling to watch people in your group wail on an enemy glance tank with little or no effect--and then activate Pack Leader and watch the glance tank die in 2 seconds.
BrokenPieces
Twitter: stygianbrood

Post by BrokenPieces »

Sorry, I'm not gonna make it this time. :(
All stories are lies. But good stories are lies made from light and fire. And they lift our hearts out of the dust, and out of the grave.