Are you thinking of a future with 9S?

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Uragon
Commander

Re: Are you thinking of a future with 9S?

Post by Uragon »

Hello Books, we sure do welcome the studious type in our ranks as well as the fighters. Our library is currently under construction, you can see the humble beginnings here or in the left hand navigation under Records -> Bestiary.

Lyssandrah, I'm happy to see you made up your mind. You might already be familiar with recruitment forms from Omni-Pol, but just to make sure here is a link for you. Would be great to have you onboard for launch.
Venator

Post by Venator »

Hey Books, as a heavily armed, armored and ready for anything bookworm I may suggest that you keep your Sophia close when you go for extra books in our basement. So until you get ready to fight, stay close to main library - injuries there are usually not life-threatening.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent
Books

Post by Books »

Thanks I will try not get eaten by a grue.... Just look a bit the old volumes. Amd will try to learn how to hold Sophia while reading...
Cidrick

Post by Cidrick »

Grue where be Grue! holy zorkmids!
Aikosis

Post by Aikosis »

*Bursts into the room out of breath, clutching a heavy looking bag"

"Huh....oh man, wow...ok, this could work, books, and OH! Tea! oh yeah, sorry, I'm Esme, Esme Lockton, but everyone calls me Junkie, not because of drugs, well, not much, nothing illegal anyway, just computers and gadgets, I NEED toys! some goons just tried to jump me and take my computer! can you believe that. they had some wierd gasmasks on, it's been the wierdest week..

So, is this tea free?"

(OOC: been a while since i've done any roleplaying, but i'll get back into it, 33 year old guy here from the UK (yes my character is female!) been playing games since well, forever, but my first MMO was Ultima Online, i had 7GM skills, and a castle, i tried EQ and stuff but it wasn't until Star Wars Galaxies that i got truly addicted to MMOs, i've been through the WoW stage, played everything from Eve Online to FFXI and MXO and Tera, but with TSW i think i finally found the game that i've been waiting for.

I did some officer duty in WoW, was Hunter Class leader for about 3 years in my guild Iron Edge, was guild leader in Rift for a while, and still have a linkshell for me and my friends in FFXI. I play a lot of games, have consoles coming out of my ears, and i sneak my laptop to work to get some gaming done in the quiet times.

You guys seem really awesome from what i've read so far, and the site is really polished and i wanna join in and make the most of our time in the Secret World.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

Hi Aikosis / Esme! If you really are interested in joining us and dont have any questions you want to ask before placing an application to join us - please use the "JOIN 9S" link over on the left of the screen. We look forward to receiving your application. btw where in the UK are you?
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Aikosis

Post by Aikosis »

In sunny Cornwall!

although, typically for us it's not very sunny, and when it is, it only lasts for a couple of hours before the rain starts up again :(
Aikosis

Post by Aikosis »

and application submitted!
Fez

Post by Fez »

Welcome Aikosis - great to see another UK'er applying! :) Very jealous that you live in Cornwall - it's very nice down there. I am also a great fan of Devon :P
Best of luck on the application!
Staypuft

Post by Staypuft »

/strolls into the lobby - looks around a little bit...

/Checks out this "receptionist" - "I don't see many ladies with the type of tone you sport working the phone ma'am. This the spot for 9S?" "-Good, they call me Staypuft - I know sounds silly but sometimes a guy gets stuck with the one from when he was young.. from a time when I couldn't get enough marshmallows, and well it stuck. You should know this though; when the cards are down. I dont... get stuck..." "That didnt sound as cool outloud as it did in my head..."

"DId I say that outloud?"

(OOC :D)
I am a terrible RP'r and I have taken to the tendency to name my favorite characters after fictional marshmallow companies! I am however funny, witty, inappropriate, and I really liked your posts on the forums. My wife and I are planning on playing Templar so I thought I would stop by and say hello!

Does 9S welcome us terrible RPr's?

My wife and I are lifelong gamers and MMO'rs to a fault :D We run in a DUO and she is the finest healer I have ever had the chance to know.

If it turns out that 9S is open to folks like us you should know that I respect RP because it breeds much better organizational culture which I benefit from strongly. I played exclusively on RP in the DAoC era but never in the WoW era. and I wouldn't have it any other way. RP made for strong companionship, friendship, and group dynamics which you need in a great game like DAoC & TSW.

Ill keep an eye on the thread and watch for responses :D - Thanks for taking a look!