Post by Kotts »

Light.
Dark.
Light.
Dark.
Fetterlock

Re: Random Thread

Post by Fetterlock »

Mmmmmmm, looks like a well-appointed studio. I immediately noticed a white Lexicon LARC controller lying in its customary place on the desk in front of them, so that means they must have a very expensive and very awesome 1980's-era Lexicon digital reverb. The talk-back microphone looks pretty funky, but they might have thrown that down there just as a prop for the video. Overall, that is a pretty sweet room. So many places like that have gone out of business in recent years.

Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Post by Xeeyon »

Why did it get me laughing to tears?
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

Testing a random new feature!
Kotts
Founder (retired)

Post by Kotts »

uh oh...
Maxwell Blue
Founder (retired)

Post by Maxwell Blue »

Awesome.. the feature not the video!! XD
Ravynswind
Founder (retired)

Post by Ravynswind »

you do realize adding youtube to our posts is feeding Nexa'a addiction, possibly Pluto too
"What you have are bullets and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing, because if I am, you'll all be dead before you've reloaded."
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Post by Xeeyon »

Ravynswind wrote:you do realize adding youtube to our posts is feeding Nexa'a addiction, possibly Pluto too
Kotts wrote:uh oh...
QFT...
Fetterlock

Post by Fetterlock »

Thank you, Uragon. Now we can proceed in earnest! :D

Behold the most talented guitarist ever to walk the earth: Allan Holdsworth! The only reason that he is not incredibly famous is because he suffers from debilitating shyness, lack of self-confidence, and stage-fright. Consequently, he is unable to do as much self-promoting as his talent deserves. But that just makes his awesomeness that much more special. What John Coltrane is to the saxophone, Allan Holdsworth is to the electric guitar. In fact, Allan Holdsworth is the guy who Eddie Van Halen looks up to as a hero! Here is a clip of "Letters of Marque" from his 1984 live concert video, Tokyo Dream. He is actually getting that magnificently rich tone from a solid state Hartley Thompson amp! Another fun guitar amp fact: Van Halen actually borrowed one of Holdsworth's Hartley Thompson solid state amps to use for the recording of the famous guitar solo on Michael Jackson's "Beat It."

By the way, "Letters of Marque" is a reference to privateers, or nationally-sponsored pirates. So this is sort of like a follow-up to Uragon's pirate video, although I didn't actually think of that when I first got the idea to use this video. Maybe my mind made this piracy connection on a subconscious level!