Raider Audit/Headcount for Those Interested in E10 NYR

Old Event requests
Mayday

Re: Raider Audit/Headcount for Those Interested in E10 NYR

Post by Mayday »

Thanks for the words of encouragement! :D

One of the reasons that we're trying to get a full cabal team is that it will be a little easier and more productive than trying to run with half cabal/half PuGs. We've ran together enough that we're used to each other's play-styles and won't get upset by constructive criticism. People are very helpful in this cabal and likely to help someone out if they're having a problem or need help with gear. A full cabal team simply means we'll have a better chance of success.

I hope more people sign up so I won't have to go around and poke them to see if they're interested in E10. :P
Phanth
Leader

Post by Phanth »

When we started doing NYR E10, we couldn't even get passed Phase 1...now with some regular team members we can reliably get to Phase 3 before it all fall apart in chaos. So that's where we are now, working on Phase 3. Big contents like this require small steps before we make the big steps to finally beat it, but we can't get there without hard work, sweat, and a little bit of craziness. So I guess what I'm saying is set your bar low with each run and soon enough we'll make it! It's 1hr out of an entire week, maybe we can even do a quick lair or regional afterwards to add a little spice to the event.
Rokynn
Division Member
Timezone: UTC+03:00

Post by Rokynn »

I can join in for most of these. It's during my normal work hours so there could be rare occasions when I just can't take a break, but yeah, I'd like to help the team get through this hurdle :)

Ip 1020 btw, DPS or tank
hobilsm

Post by hobilsm »

Its more of a getting a core team instead of full cabal run. So that everyone can improve at the same pace, if you get someone else that needs training, it could be a little bit problematic because raid progress could be delayed by this person, other people could be discouraged to try more as well.

But, as with most social based guilds, in 9S raid spots will be given to members no matter what their exprience/gear is, instead of giving spots to people has good gear/experience even if they are not in 9S. But hey, thats why we call it Training run i guess :P

Anyway, i am not sure if i am considered as a pug or a member, but since you guys decided to use discord so whole raid actually can communicate, i will be there to join if i am able.

It could take a year to beat this like i said, but e10 nyr runs is always fun for me so i will be there to join every week.
The Penguin
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

Each time we go, we are getting further. Those of us that are already a few weeks into training are honestly noticing a difference.

Definitely recommend coming and learning to anyone that wants to eventually beat this.

Indashi- you are a member of 9s whichever character you are playing.. real you is in 9S. That is what counts for us :)
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

@ Indashi I agree with Kate. You're a member of 9S regardless of what character you're playing.

As for your post, I call it a full cabal run, but yes, it is more of getting a 'core team' together. Sometimes my choice of wording isn't the best. :) But usually a team of mostly cabal members is more likely to succeed than a team of a few members and random PuGs.

Most of the people that are interested are either already running the E10 or have ran the E5 regularly, so its just making the transition. They have at least some experience in the NYR. As far as gear, its seeing who does or does not, meet the basic requirements and helping those to improve their gear to be successful. You have to start somewhere. :) Eventually these people will have to be rotated in to learn.

The long term goal is to beat the E10 and be able to run it regularly as a cabal just like how we run the E5 now.
Sam515

Post by Sam515 »

*steps in from the outside just to lurk, decides to speak up*
As someone that's been in guilds/cabals in other games, I would view this with the question of, "Couldn't the core team be a full cabal run?" I mean, couldn't the cabal work toward having 10 cabal members, geared up, and willing to run?

Granted, I'm a long way from throwing my hat into the team (since I'll probably need it to fuse into a better hat), but I'm interested in being in the group. I'm not volunteering, yet, because I'm a long way away. It's just my opinion that a full cabal run of teammates (cabal-mates, guildies, etc) stand a better chance of not just completing the content, but staying together through the rougher times.

Just my thoughts.

*looks around sheepishly, ducks back into the shadows to lurk*
"Let loose your inner dragon. Become one with everything. See the threads that connect. Enjoy being a chaos monkey."
"I could have taken over the whole World, had it have not been for stupid Madagascar!"
hobilsm

Post by hobilsm »

Aww thanks for your kind words guys <3

Also, yes of course, core team can be full cabal run, but like i said anyone who wants to join e10 nyr practice is capable of doing it. In 9S, and in other many social cabals, 5k dps cabalie will be chosen over 20k dps experienced pug/friend that isnt in cabal.

If you are looking for to have fun or to boost our cabalie bonds, thats definitely will going to happen. But i wouldnt say getting full cabal run will necessarily will increase our chance to kill the lurker at all.

E10 NYR IS tough. You need more than just willingness to do it. It requires skill, practice, willingness, gear, willingness to learn and improve etc.. Back in the day with my regular raid group which is everyone had 20k+ dps, we wiped to many mechanics in p3.

Nevertheless we have a long journey in ahead of us, i think it will be fun, and i hope that no one will give up in middle of the road.

PS 1: I might drop in evenings to do some e8-9 dungeons, normally i dont have anything to empower on except weapons, but weapon dist drop rate is so low so i dont do dungeons. But like i said to boost up some gear for people that joins e10 nyr practice, i will drop in time to time.

PS 2: I will do 2 videos from my regular e10 nyr runs, one for tanking one for dpsing. So people can better visualize what to do.
The Penguin
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

PS 2 sounds like a super good idea :) thank you
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
hobilsm

Post by hobilsm »

E10 NYR DPS video. First 2 tries were wipe. But i still suggest that you should watch them. If you have any questions, like why i did what i did or in general, please do ask, i will do my best to answer them

The Penguin