Gatekeeper down - ready for Nightmares (list of NM-ready)

Old Event requests
Kotts
Founder (retired)

Re: Gatekeeper down - ready for Nightmares (list of NM-ready

Post by Kotts »

<--- Did it
Passed on tank mode
Have gear for DPS, and healing too.
zephix

Post by zephix »

zephix - healer
Truhart

Post by Truhart »

Ready and able
dps or healer if necessary
Loribee

Post by Loribee »

Add me to the list - killed the tool last night and got the 'golf-clap'

Not sure if this is normal behavior for the fight but it seemed that he started to pull up the minion whilst *still* channeling the one-shot you need to purge - i took note this time and i saw the red and black aura around him when he was doing the summon - i actually died to it

I thought these were three distinct phases - should they be? - my observations seem to indicate otherwise

This basically killed me at least three times doing the challenge

other than that my basic strategy was rotate ignition - blaze (with Aidelon a day before the nerf - cut that one fine) raging bullet to keep the DPS up

I Swapped out electro manifest for magnetic wipe - which took a lot of the chance out of it - i.e. hoping you can keep DPS up enough to get him to phase 3 before 20 seconds are up and manifest is done

Then i pretty much ignored the hinder and put on quick getaway from pistols - that gives a speed bump every consumer so i was able to use that to keep ahead of the minion whilst keeping rotation on mr yellow

my health was low at the end but I got him !!

oops - edit : I am DPS (in case it was not clear from the post) :)

Lori
Et In Arcadia Ego
Venator

Post by Venator »

You do know, that pots work there? :P
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent
Sumner

Post by Sumner »

Well, Sumner is a long way from it, but my Dragon alt/main Walsh is NM ready. Run Polaris and DW as AR/pistol dps, and cleared the gatekeeper with a fist/pistol heal deck that's never actually be live-fire tested...
Volen

Post by Volen »

You know... its always cool to be online when someone finally puts down the Gatekeeper. Congrats Lori... I could tell from the sound of your voice that you still might be 'juiced up' from that fight. What I loved about this, is that we all found a way (and most of the different) to put this guy down. Maybe not "my way" but the game allows for a large variety of solutions for us to work with our styles.

Fantastic job all... now someone invite me to a NM run. Daddy needs a new pair of shoes!
Loribee

Post by Loribee »

Volen wrote:You know... its always cool to be online when someone finally puts down the Gatekeeper. Congrats Lori... I could tell from the sound of your voice that you still might be 'juiced up' from that fight. What I loved about this, is that we all found a way (and most of the different) to put this guy down. Maybe not "my way" but the game allows for a large variety of solutions for us to work with our styles.

Fantastic job all... now someone invite me to a NM run. Daddy needs a new pair of shoes!
Seriously. My heart was going a 100mph after that one and my hands were shaking

This fight despite it being a royal PITA has made me think about synergies more and I do like how I was able to figure my own way of doing it.. Going for outrun vs hinder for mini-me phase

Lori
Et In Arcadia Ego
Didaskalos

Post by Didaskalos »

Didaskalos_picture112.png
Didaskalos_picture112.png (190.67 KiB) Viewed 2770 times
Thank you to Lori for the advice of switching to Rapid Getaway for the Minion phase.
Thanasi Vasiliou - Rapier Division
Loribee

Post by Loribee »

Didaskalos wrote:
Didaskalos_picture112.png
Thank you to Lori for the advice of switching to Rapid Getaway for the Minion phase.
hey no problem ... congrats

Lori
Et In Arcadia Ego