[TTG]Act 1 Scene 1: The Briefing

Coffee, cake and a chat. (IC)
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Jennet

Re: [TTG] Episode 1: The Briefing

Post by Jennet »

Jenn looked with interest at Isabella when she made her suggestion. "We don't do things like that much with artifacts. Preservation first, information second, usually. Can you run tests like that?" There was the slightest lift of confidence in Jenn's voice. This was talking shop. This she could do without having to negotiate anything as sticky as casual social interaction.

She thought about offering the labs at Edwards, but kept that to herself for the moment. Her father wasn't currently very amenable to helping the Templar without a very compelling reason. Considering that had a lot to do with her and Tom, she kept Edwards in reserve as a backup plan. Surely this group had the resources to hand to solve this. Templar resources... that didn't involve bad blood, or Old blood or anything else bloody complicated.

Looking just a bit more sheepish again, she asked, "Geocaching... that's finding things with a gps for fun then, is it? I think I read about it."
And in the fury of this darkest hour, we will be your light...
Arcadius

Post by Arcadius »

Alexander tilted his head towards Jenn again, keeping his interest firmly rooted in the work at hand.

"Yes, and I think have something to show you." He flipped his phone around, the browser focused on a page concerning 'Geocoins', small purchasable items, each with identification tags printed on the coins. On the page currently, was an image of a Knights Templar coin, identical to the coin currently in their possession.

"Each coin gets a personal ID tag, and we can track that. What's more, is that most of these specific coins have the TB tracking ID. So, at least we have a starting point." He turned his phone back to him, tapping and swiping at the screen, before showing it again.

"You can search for items by name, but currently, I've found at least 96 possibles, and many of them are written in German, which, I could take the time to translate. Many of the coins have been marked as missing. I guess we can go from there?"

[[ http://www.geocaching.com/track/search. ... mplar+Coin ]]
I once tried playing Blind Man's Bluff with a Tarot Deck. Someone got the Ten of Swords, and well, that was the end of that.
Volen

Post by Volen »

Cybella wrote:....Given the Templars resources it's not unreasonable to think they might even have access to more sophisticated forensic methods to restore it. "...
Dr. Nearly returns to check in with the group, and then takes the coin to the 'collections' room for a closer look under the microscope. She is able to report back that the acid wash technique works as the symbols seemed to rub off with the natural rubbing that happens with coins carried in one's pocket. The symbols are: TB2D0H9
Arcadius

Post by Arcadius »

Alex nodded to Dr. Neary, tapping in the correct ID tag for the coin.

"Username, Savoy....Arkansas....shit."
If you are reading this, then I'm in real trouble... please find me.
"Y'all may want to see this." Alex flipped the phone around again, showing the data.
Access this classified file in Templar Hall... keycode is Tango-Bravo-63, your pass phrase is, The Lost.
I once tried playing Blind Man's Bluff with a Tarot Deck. Someone got the Ten of Swords, and well, that was the end of that.
Cybella

Post by Cybella »

Isabella stares at the screen, her heart sinking.

"it's a distress call. We should review that file ASAP."

As a soldier, Isabella couldn't bear the thought of a comrade-in-arms being held captive. She swore to herself that she would do everything within her power to rescue this person. Turns to ask Arc a question.

"it sounds like you may are familiar with this person. Do you know who it is?"
Elania Vikaernes

Post by Elania Vikaernes »

Elania looked up to Alex and to the rest of the group, preferring to leave the investigative work to the experts. She smiled, and began to gather her things, as it looked like a lead had finally been uncovered.

"So, looks like we head downstairs, hrm? That file should be available in data vault."
wahoozerman

Post by wahoozerman »

Tom grunted, finally a real lead.

"Savoy huh?" He said, putting a hand on Jenn's shoulder and shaking her lightly, smiling a bit. He was happy they were finally getting somewhere.

Tom had been about ready to break out a pencil and some paper and try to make a rubbing. That probably would have led them down some false trail after some other tracking number. His only other idea, a vinegar bath, would have taken too long. They had done that once in high school and it took almost eight weeks before anything readable came up. Good thing there were folks here with skills other than breaking things.

"Doesn't sound like a name to me, and the rest of the info on that page looks pretty suspect as well. Could just be a handle I guess, but are we sure it's not a place or something? I know if I sent out a distress signal like this, I'd want people to know where I was as quick as possible."
Volen

Post by Volen »

Dr. Nearly returns after your request for the file. "This is odd. This file was opened at Field Agent Savoy's request. A field agent can start a file at anytime - that's not unusual. What is odd, is that there isn't a field report explaining why a case field was opened. There is just a blank field report, and booklet on horsemanship, and these other items." She places the materials on the table in your examination room.
desktop.jpg
desktop.jpg (368.5 KiB) Viewed 3274 times
Field Report Form (Blank)
http://everwyrd.com/dept7.docx
Arcadius

Post by Arcadius »

Alexander dragged his hands from object to object, examining each the care of seasoned investigator. Chiefly among them, the business card and bus ticket caught his eye.

"We've got a hotel manager in New York, and...a round trip plane ticket to JFK airport then back to London Heathrow, one week between flights." He put the two pieces of thick paper next to each other, off to the side. The time frame and distance between the hotel and JFK Airport; that gave them a mission location within the proper timeframe. I'm not entirely sure why Agent Savoy didn't just take an Agarthan Gate. Was this a manner of discretion for this operation?

"It looks like he had public transportation lined up as well. Anyone interested on giving Miss McAfee a call?"

His eyes drifted to the booklet. "So...was agent Savoy a horseback-rider in training?"
Volen

Post by Volen »

Not hearing anything from the others, Dr. Nearly looks around. "Is that directed to me?" Not waiting for a reply, "What I know of Savoy was that he was a new agent, and that he traveled either by him-self or with a very close group of friends - usually in groups of 2 or 5."

She pauses seemingly to think and then continues, "I do believe that there was another Templar from Arkansas that 'might' have been a friend. I don't remember much about that one, but I do remember he worn red, had a cowboy hat and never wore shoes."

"We don't really have a system like the Lumies in place to track the moment to moment movement our agents. We rely on them to stay alive and to check in." In an obvious, 'this briefing is over' gesture, she pauses a the door, "Any last questions of me from this team before we dismiss?"

[[Its easy to start a new scene... if you are finished with an action scene, just have your character state what they are going to do next, or just have them exit the current location. Once it looks like everyone is finished posting, I'll open the next scene.

Also feel free to use the coffee room to talk OOC about what you might want to do as a group - we don't consider that meta-gaming at all. :)

I hope that helps! -v]]