[TTG]Act 1 Scene 1: The Briefing

Coffee, cake and a chat. (IC)
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Volen

Re: [TTG] Episode 1: The Briefing

Post by Volen »

[[Ok folks... after a dead week, I close the thread and we finished... if you want to keep going, you'll need to post : ) ]]
Elania Vikaernes

Post by Elania Vikaernes »

Elania looks down at the hotel cards, and after looking around, and noting the silence from the group, she speaks:

"If were to wager a guess... I would think that the horseback riding book was because this agent may have had to go somewhere inaccessible by a car. What do we know about this place, Kingston, New York?"

Elania opens up her tablet, taking a look at the surrounding area on a satellite map, and after looking around on the map, arches an eyebrow, and turns the tablet around to face the group.

"Look here, I find something. Just north of this hotel is Bluestone wild forest. Look like maybe something you might need a horse to get around in? I think we should plan to pay a visit to New York."
Cybella

Post by Cybella »

Cybella nods her head in agreement with Elania's suggestion to go to New York.

"That will also give us the opportunity to speak with Ms. McAffee as Alexander suggested. We don't know what she has to do with all this just yet, so I think talking with her in person may be a good idea. We can observe her reactions to any questions we have about Agent Savoy."

Isabella was excited to be getting back into the field. After spending the last few months training in the Crucible, she was anxious to get back out there and do something useful. She stood up to leave meething, already starting to prepare a list of things to pack in her head.
Volen

Post by Volen »

Volen

Post by Volen »

Arcadius

Post by Arcadius »

"Then I think it's wise we start devising a plan out here, and that begins with collected evidence." Alexander flicked through a few applications on his phone, opening up a small writing-to-text notepad for ease of use. Pulling out a stylus from the back of the device, he began to scribble down the scant bits of information they already had.

"We'll need to open up our own case file, I assume."
I once tried playing Blind Man's Bluff with a Tarot Deck. Someone got the Ten of Swords, and well, that was the end of that.
Elania Vikaernes

Post by Elania Vikaernes »

Elania claps her hands together once as she stands up, grinning to Alex.
"Is good that you volunteer to open up the case file, excellent initiative Alex. I am going to go prepare my things, get ready for this little field trip. The rest of you, I will see you when we depart."
With that, Elania gathered her purse, and offered a smile before heading out of the briefing.
Volen

Post by Volen »

Dr Nearly looks at Alex. "I'll put that request in for you to the Archivist. It usually takes a day. I'll have him text you the file number. Once you have it, all reports, item samples, and so on will need to reference that number."

"It sounds like you're headed to New York. If you want airline tickets, bus tickets, or so on... you can purchase those yourself and expense them on your return. If you need an advance of some type, simply put the request in writing and give it to Richard."

"Given the level of this threat to the Templars, you need a local asset. Your contact in New York is named Archedemus. When you meet him, just remember. Don't be afraid."

She asks if there are any last questions before she leaves you to your business.
Cybella

Post by Cybella »

After Isabella got back to her apartment, she realized that while the team had decided to travel to New York they hadn't really discussed how to travel there. She assumed traveling through Agartha would be the quickest route; it also would be the safest in her opinion.

Isolating ourselves in the air in a single location for several hours does not sound like fun. Especially since we don't know who or how many our enemy are.

She didn't know where this investigation might lead, so she was packing to be on the move constantly. A couple spare outfits were folded and laid out on the couch. She wouldn't be able to carry full body armor, but she was at least going to take a vest, which was laid out along with her clothes. Isabella sat on the floor breaking down her sniper rifle; her backpack was custom made to be able to carry her rifle. She didn't like the idea of not having her primary weapon at hand, but had decided that discretion was probably best for now. For defense she would carry on her pistols in a holster at her back. After she had her rifle stored and ready to go, she set about loading extra clips for both her rifle and pistols.

Finished packing, Isabella had a quick bite to eat and got ready to leave. She lifted her pack onto her shoulder, locked the door behind, and started making her way to Ealdwic Station.
Volen

Post by Volen »

[[Scene closes]]