The Pen Division

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Fetterlock

Re: The Pen Division

Post by Fetterlock »

Zip guns were used by thugs whenever real guns were not available. They were the cheapest of the cheap, worse than Saturday Night Specials. In fact, if you watch the movie West Side Story you will find that zip guns are mentioned during the scene where the Jets are talking about setting up a rumble with the Sharks. They were basically in the same category as switchblades, but more risky to use. As for their use in espionage and assassination, there have been many unusual weapons designed for that purpose but they were usually better made and more advanced than a zip gun, and more often than not had some provision for noise suppression. For example, during World War II the British Special Operations Executive developed a simple, very inexpensively-built bolt-action pistol with an integral suppressor which was used for assassination purposes. It was much more sophisticated (and more bulky) than the typical zip gun, and it was mostly issued to underground resistance fighters with the idea that they could use it to shoot a Nazi officer in the head and then hopefully steal a more battle-worthy weapon from the dead Nazi. It was called the Welrod, and it is something of a legend. Of course, it is entirely possible that the simple, disposable zip gun may have occasionally been used for assassinations as well, but probably not if the operative had a choice in the matter.

http://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarm ... rms_id=423

Kotts
Founder (retired)

Post by Kotts »

In short the shorter the barrel the louder and more on accurate the gun is. The larger the roind the louder, and more damaging the bullet is.

.22 is not am ideal caliber for warfare, it is however more then enough to kill a human. At close range it has enough force to penetrate the skull but not exit, which causes the bullet to bounce around in the skull shredding the brain.

There are much better firearms then a zip gun. None of them are disguised as a pen.
Fetterlock

Post by Fetterlock »

Kotts wrote:There are much better firearms then a zip gun. None of them are disguised as a pen.
You're right. When you really need a pen-shaped gun, there is only one choice.

But how about a double-barreled key fob gun to go with your pen?

Kotts
Founder (retired)

Post by Kotts »

Hah! awesome!
Pluto
Founder (retired)

Post by Pluto »

....how the heck did i miss this entire conversation?

I literally can't comment on any of it now :P
"Through fire, justice is served"
-Jack Pendragon

The gloomy Hades enriches himself on our sighs and our tears.
Nexa
Founder (retired)

Post by Nexa »

Stealth aside, I reckon the M777 would be the best pen a fellow could carry on his person. When you write your name with this thing, everyone will see it clearly.

Kotts
Founder (retired)

Post by Kotts »

*facepalm*
:lol:
SirVent

Post by SirVent »

yuuuup, that's a premature mangasim....Well this is embarrassing. excuse me please, I have to go clean myself up.
Kotts
Founder (retired)

Post by Kotts »

Nexa, I'm pretty sure you'd prefer this pen:

Ravynswind
Founder (retired)

Post by Ravynswind »

I'm going to use that picture for my TSW forum post if you don't mind
"What you have are bullets and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing, because if I am, you'll all be dead before you've reloaded."