NY Raid Thursday 12 September 19:00 GMT

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Re: NY Raid Thursday 12 September 19:00 GMT

Post by Katelin »

Happy to try it in a future run (though my shotgun is still just a 10.2 drop), however this run - I really would like to make sure Gaboon and I can work well as a team. We already sorted our builds, however I am quite sure Gaboon did not have AoW slotted and instead a different taunt as his 3rd one (I could be wrong).
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Yes that's ok. The reason for the AoW suggestion is two-fold. :)

One, it's the best whisper aggro swap there is and very useful for preventing double stacks.

Two, downfall seems to kill people in a fair few runs. AoW doubles as an instant impair. So far we've been having a safety net of our melee DPS taking an impair, but I'd really like to move that role back to the tanks.
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

I hadn't noticed anyone by me impairing when I was walking out of the downfall. Generally I was impairing them myself when I needed to - happy for this "task" to be not carried out by DPS -- though I would like to STRONGLY emphasise to all DPS that they read the raid chat to see when to stop hitting the guardians and concentrate on adds. We had a few hairy moments last raid because of this not being done :)
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Yeah it depends on the day.

Some weeks it's been a bigger issue than others and impairing is not needed. If you can consistently dodge out of downfall, then it's no real issue.

You've been doing real well since you got back from holiday, though.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Thanks everyone. That went really well. Not sure if the shotgun tanking was an improvement or not, but I did like how I didn't really feel the double stacks when they happened.

Raid points are now updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... taUE#gid=0
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

I was really nervous - up til we got to phase 3 on the first attempt :) Thanks for making the suggestion.

Great run all, was a lot of fun again :D