Are you thinking of a future with 9S?

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Hit-Parade
Twitter: @goldshield01

Re: Are you thinking of a future with 9S?

Post by Hit-Parade »

*takes a long pull on the iced Cherry Bingo and Coke*

Afternoon. My name's Russell Kobayashi, although not many people call me that anymore. These days, most know me as Hit-Parade. A touch anachronistic, I know, but the name works as well for a series of gunshots as it does for the Billboard's forerunner. Unsurprisingly, pistols are my main forte, but I'm also a steady hand with elemental magic or a katana.

Would you believe that, before the Bees, I was a detective? Shield number 10453, Toronto Police Service. I.... didn't tell them much after the Bees. Just dropped off my badge on the way to the airport, told them I had to go overseas. I wonder if they wonder what happened to me? Never quite had the courage to check.

I still keep my old ID card on me. Sort of a touchstone to what I was, and how what I am isn't that different. I think we -- the Templars -- come closer to the old "serve and protect" adage than most in this secret world. ("Closer." Not necessarily there, sometimes.)

If I had known a year ago what I'd be doing right now, I'd have logged more range time!

Over the past year, I've grown.... used to working alone. Some of the things I've been seeing, though.... well, they say courage is being scared shitless but doing your duty anyway. I guess I'm courageous 24-7, then. And if the rumors about Tokyo are true -- that someone's managed to force access to it -- I don't like to think about facing it alone.

....drifting way closer to drunken philosophy than I really want to. What about you, what're you drinking?
----
And that pretty much sums up Hit-Parade, unless you want him to go on about his love for smooth jazz or bad 1950s sci-fi cinema. ;)
Floryn
Twitter: @DutchFloryn

Post by Floryn »

*Floryn walks up to the juke-box. He inserts his last money and chooses carefully. So many choices. He finally goes for the one after 909: 'Happiness is a Warm Gun' by The Beatles.

Softly swaying to the music, Floryn really digs this music.*

((For reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUhIEEwSSSo))
"...the prosaic materialism of the majority condemns as madness the flashes of super-sight which penetrate the common veil of obvious empiricism." - H.P. Lovecraft

Proud member of Nine Swords - Leader of the Rapier Division
TheFun
Twitter: @TheFunIsOn

Post by TheFun »

Hello, TheFun is here ;)
What else can I say... yeah, I know, I'm terrible at introductions. Hum... I'm french, but a good one (I know we have a terrible online reputation) I tend to not sleep much, I speak english quite fluently (or so I'm told). On TSW since 2012 bu stopped playing a year ago (pesky life that keep happening).
Then, a drunk guy whose name I will not mention and with whom I used to play asked me when my french ass would come back to tsw. Stangely enough, it took me a month to finally come back (and get issue 8 and 9).
Hum... what else... just ask?
Aberlour
SWL Community

Post by Aberlour »

I'll have to thank that unnamed drunk guy then!
Labmonkei

Post by Labmonkei »

Hello,

I'm Labmonkei. I just started the game. I'm enjoying it so far. I haven't picked up any of the extra issues (I'm assuming I own anything under 4 as I can't buy them in the store).

My friend Ara (Arakia), posted this earlier: http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showth ... 3&page=135

I don't have as much play time as Ara, but I have a fair bit of time as my job allows me to be home often. However, my play time is all over the place. It doesn't help that I live in S. Korea.

I'm an English teacher, but by no means am I a grammar nazi. I truly don't care. One good thing about being an English teacher is that it does help me understand different accents usually.

As a player, I have plenty of experience playing lots of other MMO games. I've played quite a few MMO's, but I've played Final Fantasy 14 the most. TSW controls seem quite familiar. As for my role I usually play a support role. I can DPS in a pinch if your expectations aren't too high. I definitely don't tank. Also, unless I'm really pushed, I tend to have crappy gear. I don't play to chase loot, I just like helping out as much as I can (thus, I'm a teacher).

Happy to answer any questions you might have. I do prefer voice to typing though.

One last note is that I'm currently working a summer job for the next 3 weeks and my play time is currently limited (about 6h a day 6-12pm KST or 5-11am EST).
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

Hi Labmonkei, welcome to the 9S forums!

If you are interested in joining our cabal, we would love it if you could please fill out an application to join us (Via the JOIN 9S link on the left side of the website). Our recruitment process is only done via website and typed conversation - however we do have a mumble server you are welcome to use once you have joined us.

If you have any problems or questions, please get in touch - otherwise, we look forward to receiving your application.

- Katelin
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Werwolfe

Post by Werwolfe »

App 'appily apped.

Marcus "Werwolfe" Ostracon - yeah, I read some of you speak Greek here, don't gimme no grief about the name. It's a long, boring story.

Basically I'm here because I want to see all of TSW's group content but I don't get along with L33t-kiddies. Katelin PMed me when I was trying to hail a Cab' on the TSW forum, and looking around the forum posts here, I'm not likely to get any better offers. Not that I got any other tells anyway.
Like I said on the TSW forum: I'm a bitter, jaded, angry old nerd. I've done the shoot-em-up thing and the strategy thing and the level-grinding, gear-farming thing before. I won't be PvPing in TSW if I can help it - I have actual PvP games for that. I'll also likely be dropping some lines into chat now and then which might be considered "in-character" but I don't bother trying to RP in a game without practical repercussions for player actions. Role-saying ain't for me and I can't stay in character anyhow. That being said I won't be interfering. Godspeed. May your thees and thous always reach the back row. Break a leg. Or get it sawed off with lasers. Either way.

So here I am, a scruffy, disheveled disgrace of a Templar conscript fidgeting nervously in the corner of the waiting room and looking at the floor. Tea's nice at least.
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

Werwolfe wrote:... I'm not likely to get any better offers. Not that I got any other tells anyway.
Thank you for making me smile, and welcome to our forums :)
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
Kitanae

Post by Kitanae »

Hello! :-D

I was looking for a friendly cabal to play with. I am very new to TSW and I really enjoy the game, but it feels lonely without a good group of people to play it with. I was given some advice that you gals and guys are pretty accepting and awesome here.

~K
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

Welcome to our forums, kitanae :)