Raid November 10 20:00 GMT

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Claretta

Re: Raid November 10 20:00 GMT

Post by Claretta »

If we get it down easily this week and everyone in core roles shows up I promise to get you in next week and at least the next consecutive.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

Hopefully once we do start downing it again - we will get a stronger sign up again, which in turn means - more people available to run it more often. It has been really hard even getting a team worth of people this last few weeks but I am looking forward to seeing Thursday and Sunday EU raid groups running again very soon :D
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Okay, so we got it down fairly fast - within 30 minutes.

There were still some issues. DPS was lower than what we're used to, mostly because Ciritty was tanking and I was dealing with spiking to 2K latency every 10 seconds. But it still went relatively smoothly. :)

Now. About team signups...

I have to manage several competing interests when organising this raid and sometimes, people need to sit out because of that in ways that may not seem particularly apparent. Some of the longer term players that we depend on here were getting quite discouraged with the repeated wipes. These players show up every week without fail and were starting to become demoralised. If this happened it would have more serious consequences for the raid as a whole. So I wanted to get a win to refresh people's motivation to keep coming.

Yes, I know a couple weeks ago I may have said that I wanted to get experience into the raid. But it clearly didn't work then - we still wiped. So this raid needed to be sure.

However, I still took two newer players. Ideally I won't take more than a few because it's difficult to give a good experience to everyone involved if every run is a training run for half the raid. Older players that the raid depends on get discouraged if the raid always takes 1 hour+ or doesn't get it down, and newer players basically just sit there watching tanks wipe and don't get instruction in the entire raid.

Next raid I hope people who signed up but didn't get in also sign up. So if Sh3 and Gaboon sign up I will include them. Since our problems for the last 4 tries have been due to teaching new tanks, I wanted Ciritty tanking this raid just to be 100% sure, but we definitely missed her DPS. So I am hoping we get some experienced tanks sign up next raid. That will leave me more room to bring along other people.
MissShadow

Post by MissShadow »

I'm so sorry for not being able to come. The road construction in front of my house caused wires to be messed up. I am netless it seems. And for a while unfortunately.