Boxing Day Raid 20:00 GMT

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Fuglie

Re: Boxing Day Raid 20:00 GMT

Post by Fuglie »

I would like to sign up. As DPS or, if everyone is willing, a tank training run.
Torniquet

Post by Torniquet »

signed!
Deerhound

Post by Deerhound »

I'm almost positive I will make it. Leech or DPS (pistol/shotgun).
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Here are who will take this time.

Claretta - Leech
Durendal - Podder
Ciritty - single target DPS
Riora - buff DPS
Kadyn - single target DPS

Vendraen - Tank
Katelin - Tank
Syrithia - ranged DPS
Fuglie - buff DPS
Deerhound - ranged DPS

Reserves are Arbelour and Extrasmooth.

I want to give Vendraen another run at tanking to get it down further. Fuglie hasn't been in a raid for a while, and neither has Deerhound, so will get Arbelour in next raid. Can't really take ExtraSmooth along at this time as only has tanking gear, and the time's not really right to bring in another new tank.

For DPS, this is the assignments:

Single target DPS means you focus on single target DPS and nothing else.
Buff DPS means pistol shotgun.
Ranged DPS means adds will be your focus when they come. You should be using the flamethrower, as well as having extra AoE in your build.
Fuglie

Post by Fuglie »

Really sorry, but I have to drive my wife to the airport right around the time the Raid takes off. Please bump me fr the next person.

:...(
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Okay, in that case I'll replace Fuglie with Arbelour, as ranged DPS. Deerhound will be buff DPS in that group, assuming they have a pistol/shotgun build.
Deerhound

Post by Deerhound »

I have pistol/shotgun all right. I will bring the DABS and their passives.
Vendraen

Post by Vendraen »

Deerhound wrote: and their passives.
As far as I know, the passives are actually harmful (they don't reduce the blocker debuff on the rest of the group)... Plus the DPS loss would be staggering.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Yeah stay away from the passives. :p
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Thanks for coming along everyone. Glad we got it down despite the early hiccups. All the lag and stuff was starting to stress me. :)

So a few notes:

1. Tanks need to use the same weapons. :) ATM one of you is using escalation, and the other blade torrent. But they have very different threat multipliers, so you're having double stacks all the time. This was most noticeable when on one pull you gained double stacks instantly. This is because Kate pulled first with escalation, but blade torrent has far higher hate, so quickly overpowered her.

2. For adds, it's best not to rely on builders, as I noted there. Guts and Gory, Cannibalise, Lock and Load, and Slow the Advance are all excellent. Slow the Advance with a rampant augment is particularly good as it will hinder all 10 zombies. From now on I'm going to insist all ranged DPs carry slow the advance as I'd like to avoid the obligatory first wipe to adds. :)

3. I either need to configure my UI to let me hotkey tanks in different groups, or go into the tank group. Switching between both tanks in another group and trying to maintain a DPS rotation was... hard.