Raid Thursday 2 January 20:00 GMT

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Uragon
Commander

Re: Raid Thursday 2 January 20:00 GMT

Post by Uragon »

Vendraen wrote:(Will be interesting not having Dur as a shining gold target to look for to intercept drakes~)
I have updated both my build and my looks to reflect this change. So not to worry! The main thing I'm currently unhappy with is that I don't have a hell skin for the shotgun. Can't have a piece of blue shining gear if all my other stuff is red!
Sh3

Post by Sh3 »

Ok ! Sounds nice! And lovely that i get another chance at it :)
Stunning Swirl as my elite it is and running 2 minors and a major with hp and block.
That will leave me above 7k hp and 700 block with still more than enough HR and Crit/crit power.
Very excited to have another go at this role Thanks in advance :)
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

If you're going to have that much block you might also consider taking the Resilient Defender passive. Between that, Martial Discipline, and Inner Spark you shouldn't have any issues tanking adds, and will have 4 active spots left for healing. Wouldn't bother with Martial Discipline's passive though.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

See lower post instead.
Last edited by Claretta on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riora

Post by Riora »

Claretta wrote:If you're going to have that much block you might also consider taking the Resilient Defender passive. Between that, Martial Discipline, and Inner Spark you shouldn't have any issues tanking adds, and will have 4 active spots left for healing. Wouldn't bother with Martial Discipline's passive though.
It's not enough Block to make Resilient Defender worthwhile, NM mobs have too high a Penrate, adds are no exception there. The only way you'll trigger it enough is with Martial Discipline - but you *also* want Surging Blades to deal with filth, so you'd have toss out Inner Spark.

So either Inner Spark + Kindle, or Martial Discipline + Resilient Defender, not both.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

I was basing it on that when I have CCC I see major ward trigger with 0 block in NM dungeons from adds. :P I don't tihnk they have incredibly high stats, though could be wrong.

If you're going to lose anything though, I'd lose Martial Discipline and replace Resilient Defender with Kindle. Inner Spark is too useful.
Last edited by Claretta on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riora

Post by Riora »

Claretta wrote:I was basing it on that when I have CCC I see major ward trigger with 0 block in NM dungeons from adds. :P I don't tihnk they have incredibly high stats, though could be wrong.
I'm basing it on my healtank experiment, where I had a 10% Blockrate with 800 Block :) Block's greatest strength is removing Pens, Blocks themselves are infrequent. It'd be different with an Order signet, but I assume Shedevil doesn't have one.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Well, I didn't think you'd have constant blocking.

If 10 adds are attacking you once a second, then you're going to be blocking about once a second, and healing for over 100 HP a second from Resilient Defender alone, which isn't bad. Kindle will only improve Inner Spark by about 10 points a second per hit, so the two passives should be more or less even, with Resilient Defender having the advantage that it is always on.

The thing that'd skew towards Kindle would be that you can put augments on it.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Though actually, they're probably both bad compared to Glimmer of Hope with several HoTs running.
Last edited by Claretta on Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riora

Post by Riora »

Claretta wrote:Well, I didn't think you'd have constant blocking.

If 10 adds are attacking you once a second, then you're going to be blocking about once a second, and healing for over 100 HP a second from Resilient Defender alone, which isn't bad.

Kindle will only improve Inner Spark by about 10 points a second per hit, so the two passives should be more or less even, with Resilient Defender having the advantage that it is always on.

The thing that'd skew towards Kindle would be that you can put augments on it.
I would actually still skew toward Martial Discipline + Resilient Defender. With the 3 second impair + 6 seconds of 50% glance rate (and corresponding healing from Resilient and Sword passive), that's almost 10 seconds of invulnerability *after* the adds have reached Shedevil, which should be more than sufficient. Unlike Inner Spark, it also doesn't take away resources, meaning she can still maintain her usual healing rotation.

As for Glimmer of Hope...no. It only procs once a second, Resilient can, and will, proc multiple times per second.

Anyway, it's hard to say which one is well and truly better. Point is: It's a buttload of healing either way, and should defend against adds well.