Raid Thursday 2 January 20:00 GMT

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Claretta

Re: Raid Thursday 2 January 20:00 GMT

Post by Claretta »

Martial Discipline isn't up every add rush, so I'm hesitant to recommend it really. They come 30 seconds apart, so it may as well have a 60 second cooldown.

I still like Glimmer of Hope as it is always on, and is really just a mini self empowerment. With 5 hots it should have a high proc rate, and give more healing than kindle, at least. Most of the self healing I assume will come from Empowerment, and Glimmer of Hope just adds to that. Glimmer of Hope also keeps ticking along if get podded or stand in filth.
Riora

Post by Riora »

Claretta wrote:Martial Discipline isn't up every add rush, so I'm hesitant to recommend it really. They come 30 seconds apart, so it may as well have a 60 second cooldown.
No, it is :) Shadows are closer to 45 seconds apart, not 30, thus it has exactly Martial Discipline's cooldown. I just watched Durr's latest video.

Shadows at

1:15 (phase changing shadow)
2:10
2:55
3:40 (phase changing shadow)
4:45
5:25

So intervals here are 55 seconds, 45 seconds, 45 seconds, 65 seconds, 40 seconds.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Alright then, that video shows that Martial Discipline with resilient defender may be best, then. :)

Cauterise
Nurture
Surgical Steel
Creature Comfort
Martial Discipline
Surging Blades
Stunning Swirl
Giddy Up

Empowerment
Making Amends
Shadow Medic
Mad SKills
Brawler
Healing Sparks
Resilient Defender
Whiplash

This has a mix of tank healing and self healing. When adds surround you you can use Stunning Swirl followed by Giddy Up, which will impair them as well as debuff the protection on them.
Zytho

Post by Zytho »

Claretta wrote:Okay, I've considered the signups and...

Just want to say that the minimum gear requirement exists for good reasons. I also check Chronicle when a new player signs up to get an idea of their gear and build.

Zytho - you're in half blue gear, which means you don't meet the requirements. I recommend doing more nightmares then coming back to the raid at a later date.

TheBerch - your fist healing gear is good, but your DPS gear appears to be only 10.1-10.2 drops mostly, rather than 10.3-10.4 customs. As such, I could sign you up, but would only consider you for the fist healing role.

I'd love to do more nightmares but no one runs anything anymore :(
Sh3

Post by Sh3 »

Just logged on to check it and... I do have a blue order in my bank and no signet at all on hR/crit head I use on my healing set.
Would it be worth getting on though being just blue?
Riora

Post by Riora »

Sh3 wrote:Just logged on to check it and... I do have a blue order in my bank and no signet at all on hR/crit head I use on my healing set.
Would it be worth getting on though being just blue?
Most definitely! 30% Block chance every 4 seconds out of 10 (adds would keep it up permanently) is nothing to sneeze at! Combined with Resilient Defender, it'd be an amazing heal.
I'd love to do more nightmares but no one runs anything anymore :(
Huh? As far as I know, many people in our cabal run NMs daily. Perhaps you've had bad timing!
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

The reason why I tend to run Martial Discipline with passive and Resilient Defender is because it works really well both for the healer and podder role. Against adds, it adds a lot of survivability, and if it's not needed there then it can also be used just before intercepting a pod. The HoT does help survive a filthy pod a bit longer too.
Riora

Post by Riora »

Well, that was certainly an interesting raid *laughs*
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

Wasn't an ideal ending - but was a somehow successful first time kill nonetheless.

If I gain a response from my petition, I will let those affected know regarding further steps to take.
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Aberlour
SWL Community

Post by Aberlour »

Riora wrote:Well, that was certainly an interesting raid *laughs*
Ooh, do tell. I was off winter break from work so I was unable to attend the raid today. Looks like it at least ended in a kill?