EU Raid Thursday 23 January 2014 20:00 GMT

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Vendraen

Re: EU Raid Thursday 23 January 2014

Post by Vendraen »

Elil wrote:Signed
Claretta wrote:How to on signing up
Just sayin'. :D
Riora

Post by Riora »

Claretta wrote:Here's an idea I'd like to try sometime with healing... Anima Vessel gives everyone who is hitting the target extra chances to proc their heal signets since the heals count as coming from everyone individually, so if a fist healer casts anima vessel on cooldown, that should translate into better DPS for anyone with coney/equilibrium, and if the tanks also have thirst signets, will give them more healing. It would also mean blood DPS do not need other healing.
Yeah, but how many DPSers with the CIB do we have? There's me and Vend... and that's pretty much it, I think? Keeping up Anima vessel would be a lot of hassle for something that doesn't really benefit all that many people.
Vendraen

Post by Vendraen »

Riora wrote:Yeah, but how many DPSers with the CIB do we have? There's me and Vend... and that's pretty much it, I think? Keeping up Anima vessel would be a lot of hassle for something that doesn't really benefit all that many people.
As soon as it drops and she can win a roll, Syr is planning that as her next upgrade, FWIW. I know she doesn't remotely match your DPS but a CIB will help her.

I like Clare's idea, even just as an experiment to see if it increases DPS!
Riora

Post by Riora »

Vendraen wrote:
Riora wrote:Yeah, but how many DPSers with the CIB do we have? There's me and Vend... and that's pretty much it, I think? Keeping up Anima vessel would be a lot of hassle for something that doesn't really benefit all that many people.
As soon as it drops and she can win a roll, Syr is planning that as her next upgrade, FWIW. I know she doesn't remotely match your DPS but a CIB will help her.

I like Clare's idea, even just as an experiment to see if it increases DPS!
Heh, Cir is aiming for it as well :) Just saying that *at the moment* it wouldn't be all that great. You're stuck tanking most of the time and CIB doesn't do an awful lot for my P/SG compared to something like AR/Blood
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

It comes down to a tradeoff between secondary weapons - I am just throwing out ideas.

I can see having some way to proc Thirst on tanks be a good thing. For example, when Deadly Aim goes up at the start of phase 3 is actually the time that healing is most intensive in the entire raid due to renewed double stacks, and the time I most want to spam bloodshots. It's also the time when thirst is easiest to proc off anima vessel due to Deadly Aim, and when it will heal the most due to increased tank DPS.

I thought of it originally in terms of Coney, but there's a lot of potential uses.
Last edited by Claretta on Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Vendraen

Post by Vendraen »

Riora wrote: Heh, Cir is aiming for it as well :) Just saying that *at the moment* it wouldn't be all that great. You're stuck tanking most of the time and CIB doesn't do an awful lot for my P/SG compared to something like AR/Blood
Eh - I was P/SG exclusively for a long time, and when I got my CIB it WAS a big upgrade in my DPS - but I wasn't hitting your numbers (then, I can now!). So who knows.

As to tanking, I don't really consider it "stuck" despite my joking. I actually love it, I just get a lot of anxiety before the raid, then it happens and it's all good!
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

Claretta wrote:I can see having some way to proc Thirst on tanks be a good thing. For example, when Deadly Aim goes up at the start of phase 3 is actually the time that healing is most intensive in the entire raid due to renewed double stacks, and the time I most want to spam bloodshots. It's also the time when thirst is easiest to proc off anima vessel due to Deadly Aim, and when it will heal the most due to increased tank DPS.
I'll have to double check, but I think I am already covering the tanks with Thirst. Also, the sad reality is that as you're saying it's the most heal-intensive time. The first thing I tend to abandon when I'm in a healing pinch is the utility stuff I brought. So when I'm stuck between the options of getting the Empowerment spam set up on both tanks or on spending 3 seconds to trigger anima vessel -- I'm most likely to spam the hots.
prosafa

Post by prosafa »

PuzzyCat, buff DPS/Dps
Elil

Post by Elil »

Vendraen wrote:
Elil wrote:Signed
Claretta wrote:How to on signing up
Just sayin'. :D
I only play one build, but fair enough, from now on I shall add 'DPS'.
Dauntless the slug-horn to my lips I set,
And blew “Childe Ellie to the Dark Tower came."
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

If you have just one build and I know it, it's no big deal, not going to throw rules at you.

That rule is important for new players, and also other players who can do more than one role. It helps flexibility in putting the team together if I know, for example, that Riora can both heal and DPS, instead of just assuming she only wants to DPS.