EU Raid Thursday 30 January 20:00 GMT

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Vendraen

Re: EU Raid Thursday 30 January 20:00 GMT

Post by Vendraen »

Guys, you keep mentioning "bullions" as a primary motivator for wanting to raid. It is a very, very poor and inefficient way to earn BB.
prosafa

Post by prosafa »

Vendraen wrote:Guys, you keep mentioning "bullions" as a primary motivator for wanting to raid. It is a very, very poor and inefficient way to earn BB.
30 bullions in 10 minutes ain't that bad (and also not a primary motivator, but also a motivator).
Vendraen

Post by Vendraen »

prosafa wrote:30 bullions in 10 minutes ain't that bad (and also not a primary motivator, but also a motivator).
It's about a 30 minute investment, given mustering time, trash clearing, defeating the boss, and rolling out loot. If everything goes perfectly.

And you can do it once every three days. NM dungeons can be done every day, and just the basic 18/18 gives you 30 BB. Add in HE and that's +15 more... Add in more, and add more BB...
prosafa

Post by prosafa »

Vendraen wrote:
prosafa wrote:30 bullions in 10 minutes ain't that bad (and also not a primary motivator, but also a motivator).
It's about a 30 minute investment, given mustering time, trash clearing, defeating the boss, and rolling out loot. If everything goes perfectly.

And you can do it once every three days. NM dungeons can be done every day, and just the basic 18/18 gives you 30 BB. Add in HE and that's +15 more... Add in more, and add more BB...
I'm full .4.4+ so I only use bbs for offspec gear and I run 24s almost everyday (sometimes 24s + other dungeons) for bbs and fun. And bbs are not the real concern here, they are a secondary motivation. My primary motivation is having fun. And this is why I leave some real life stuff to do in other days/times to raid (not to get 30 bullions nor 2 dkp).
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

Indeed, our priority is to have fun. And I have to admit that a public complaint like this pretty much eliminates my fun. We welcome constructive input, as you can see in the recent open discussion on raid rules. But being publically angry about being overstepped or similar isn't the right way to go about it. As such, this thread has ended its productive existence.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

This topic is locked, so I will just say a few words on team comp to show what others have said - there are a range of reasons why the teams are made.

Kisshoten got in because the ranged DPS role is critical that needs someone experienced, and after the tanks were chosen, the only people we had to bring along for that were Kisshoten and Aberlour. When I was putting the team together initially, I had expected Aberlour to be on lockout, so Kisshoten seemed the choice to make here.

Other people were in due to role constraints and I will bring someone in if I feel we need them. For example, last Sunday I was debating whether to bring Riora along as buff DPS or to put her in reserve. She had offered to sit out. But despite that she often gets in, I bought her along because I had the feeling we would need the DPS given she's our second highest DPS player, and this was vindicated since we took 1 hour 20 minutes to down it, and possibly would not have completed the raid at all had DPS been lower.

Elil had recently been a reserve so got in. If you were a reserve the easiest way to get in is to just sign up again.

Another consideration I have is I do not wish to take NA players away from that raid, so I encourage NA players to sign up to the NA raid first. The NA raid did not complete this week due to lack of players whereas the EU raid had lots of players. When I had seen the signups for both raids this week, I had already prepared to make the team without any of the NA players (Kadyn, PuzzyCat, and Aberlour). If you can make both timezones then the easiest way to guarantee a raiding spot at this time is to help the NA raid be successful.

Weigelia did not actually send me pics, but unless there was some other overriding consideration, had as much right to be in the raid as anyone else. In the absence of any overriding consideration it's more or less throwing a dart at a name board by that point.